Friday, April 30, 2010

Don't Try to Figure Out a Pregnant Woman

My daughter is pregnant. She had her debit card account numbers stolen and the thieves wiped out her checking balance by buying a ticket to Thialand. (Really expensive travel to Thialand evidently.) I worried myself sick about it all yesterday. I told her to call me back but she never did. I didn't want to call her and risk catching her at a bad time. So last night Rick had me call her. He wanted to know if she had resolved the problem. She had closed the account and put a stop on that ticket purchase, but she won't get any money returned until next Wednesday.

Being a considerate father, Rick asked if she still wanted us to come up there this weekend or if it was a bad time.

POW~WHAM~SHRILL EXPLETIVES! OMG!

"Why would you ask that? How could you consider not coming? What are you thinking?" she shrieked.

"Just thought with all the financial woes you had, you might want us to come at a different time when you aren't so stressed." we respond.

More shrieking and wailing from the pregnant woman bearing our grandchild.

OK. So we'll be right there. And we're sooo looking forward to it. Sounds like an absolutely convivial visit at the A--'s household. We can't wait! Not that your house isn't always absolute chaos peaceful and welcoming. The twin grandsons are always swinging from the rafters so well behaved and enjoyable to be around. And you, my darling, are a nightmare delight to converse with at all times especially since your pregnancy, so sassy and disrespectful patient and sweet. (You were a great teen ager! We raised you to have manners and deference for all mankind. What the hell happened to you?)

Hold us back! We anxiously anticipate making the 300-mile trek after Rick gets home from work, driving 5 1/2 hours and arriving when the boys (who we most want to see) will be asleep. We never always rest so well there any way and appreciate your hostility hospitality.

I'm so grateful we moved to AZ to be closer to you and the boys. This makes it all seem so futile worth it! You betcha, babe. We are so dreading looking forward to this weekend. Keep the light on for us, ya hear!

7 comments:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I gather you are not looking forward the visit,lol.

What a terrible thing to happen. I just don't understand how they were able to wipe out her checking just with the debit card. Don't they need the password? Must of been some stupid bank teller who gave them the money.

The Cook Clan said...

Oh gosh, that was freakin' hilarous to read! Thanks for the many laughs Grandma Jo! Good luck and we hope you survive. My husband would too agree that I've gone a bit mad since being prego. All the stress deff. doesn't help. :)

life in red shoes said...

Oh my hell, you make me laugh!
My oldest daughter can be an emotional nightmare, so I feel your pain. He PMS is the stuff of legends, can't wait til she's pregnant;)
Have a safe trip, and watch the speed limit...they have eyes for you!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, your blog cracks me up! Hope the credit card problem gets solved!

Boomer Pie. said...

Hi Jo, I just discovered your blog and it's really good reading. I signed up to follow you. Hope things get resolved with your daughter. Stop by my place when you get a chance. http://www.boomerpie.com/

CB said...

This was hilarious!!
I hope you really are looking forward to the visit. I am sure she needs you.
That is awful what happened with her debit card - it happens more and more and it is annoying.

Have fun and a hell of a good time :D

Heather said...

Ha, ha. You really do crack me up. It's a good thing Rachel doesn't read this. :) I am glad that she got the credit card thing figured out- what a headache! And you are good parents for going to help her out, especially with the pregnancy hormones and all.

Blog Archive