Saturday, April 24, 2010

Good Package/ Good Sister-in-law

If you read my post yesterday you know that Nalley's chili (our chili of choice) is not any where to be found in AZ. My favorite sister-in-law sends her son and his family in Tulsa cans. I had just used my last two cans Wednesday night, and had mentioned it on my blog. But I don't think she even knows about my blog.
So today I went out front to water flowers and lo and behold there was a UPS pkg. It was heavy and  rattled with the distinct sound of cans. I knew immediately that it was chili. Not any chili, mind you, but Nalley's!! How nice was that? I'm so grateful.
You see not only did I get my favorite chili, I also got some good mail!! (or, in this case, a good package) Paula granted two of my wishes and I don't think she even knew she was my fairy god-sister-in-law. So dance the happy dance and do a jig!
Feeding the missionaries (one of whom I found out was lactose intolerant when I'd planned enchiladas--cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, etc., ) went fine. I punted and served him chicken in his salad and hoped he would get enough to sustain him. Rick fixed his bike which was broken, so he felt useful. (Rick likes to feel useful, manly, and mechanicky.)

8 comments:

Jules AF said...

What a great sister in law!!

rae said...

I read all the comments before I approve them. That's why you're not seeing anything when you post one.

I love chili.

Katie said...

Happy mail is the best. So glad you have some good chili now!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

What a great sister-in-law. My family loves Nalley's chili. I can't believe you don't get it in AZ.

My hubs loves to feel useful as well, isn't it nice of them...they do try.

Thank you for your wonderful and supportive comment yesterday.

Liz said...

Hooray for happy mail! What a treat.

Excellent Parent said...

CHilli is yummy!

The Cook Clan said...

Yea, thats exciting!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Good mail is really the best!! I'm so glad you got your "fix", lol!

Blog Archive