I'd like to thank my family, Lola our shi tzu, and ...Oh, really. No acceptance speech required? Oh, okay. Well, ahem, then I'll just accept this award humbly and sit down.
Ms Bibi bestowed the "Sunshine Award" on my struggling, little blog. She's such a dear and though I realize it was given to several bloggers, I'm taking it as a very individual accolade. "You like me. You really like me..."
(I'm such a dork.) Anyway, it's my first award and to have my blog mentioned on her stellar blog is quite a compliment. Thanks, Ms Bibi.
Rick is getting off at noon today (woop! woop!) so we can go to a race at PIR (Phoenix Intern. Raceway) to see his former boss (from ID) race. The boss called Wednesday and offered us free tickets. We're excited. We seldom get to see friends from home, so this should be fun. I know it bolstered Rick's slumping spirits.
He's mechanicking again and isn't tremendously happy about it. But last night he bought a used tool box from a guy at work, will be organizing his tools instead of "camping out" as he calls it, and should feel a little better about the new job description. Sometimes people just need to be reminded that they are/were appreciated. That's what seems to have happened when John called and offered Rick the tickets.
This just reinforces the point that any little encouragement goes a long way with others. (i.e. the "sunshine award." You knew I'd get back to it, didn't you.) So give those you love, know well, who are brief acquaintences, or that you simply pass on the street a little nod today. Any crumb helps in this sometimes bleak stroll through life.
Yesterday while stopping at Sam's Club, this nice young man gave me a grin and a nod as I parked my car. I don't know if he was thankful I didn't run him over or just was being pleasant. But it made me feel better than I did before seeing him. Such a small thing. Pass on the tiny atta-girls and symbolic hugs. Every person could use a boost, even that grump in line at the grocery store who wouldn't pass me the stick thing you put between your purchases and the next guy's. (What was his problem? meh) I don't think I was particularly sweet to him, but next time I will try harder. It'll leave him scratching his head at least.
Oh, a funny thing happened to me on the way to the pharmacy. I'd called my doctor in ID to get my meds refilled one more time until I can get there for my appointment. in May. Told them to send them to pharmacy X in my town in AZ...Today when I tried to refill the pills I found out the doctor's office had faxed them to a store in Yuma. Yuma??! What?? I live hundreds of miles from Yuma. I didn't tell them Yuma. (I've never even been to Yuma.) Oh, dear! But my pharmacy handled it well, chuckled and managed to transfer the scrips to our community store.
Little stumbling blocks along the road. Tiny pebbles to trip on. It was the sweetness of my pharmacy to make the transfer that smoothed the bumps and made me smile instead of sneer. That's the way it should be.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
April
(25)
- Don't Try to Figure Out a Pregnant Woman
- I Don't See It...
- I Can't Help Myself
- Hairs cut and Headache
- Good Package/ Good Sister-in-law
- You Know You're In Arizona If...
- We're Having Missionaries for Dinner
- Mail Call
- Winter Garden
- Dick and Jane in Arizona
- Rooster's Racing Quilt
- Bouncing Birthday Boys!
- Love You All
- I Post...
- Black Smoke
- Skecher Shape-Ups for Rickster
- Show-off Weather
- I Got an Award! Me?
- Newby is Male
- Will Beg for Conversation...
- Why Do I Worry?
- Big Boy Quilt I
- Happy Easter!
- Let Me Die, Please!
- U-N-C-L-E! I give up, Arizona!
-
▼
April
(25)
4 comments:
Yea, I believe that a little can go a long way! It sometimes helps to just smile at a passer by. "There is sunshine in my soul".
Way to go! It is amazing how a smile or a simple act of kindness can turn a bad day around. Enjoy the race.
You're so sweet....yes it was given to few bloggers, but they were all hand picked....the creme of the crop if you will,lol
and I do really like you!
I love that I'm reading all about little smiles today! Great post!
Post a Comment