I think I thought it would be a little more turquoise, but it's fine. I just need to get different accents. The red doesn't look so hot now. The walls are kind of key lime green. That doesn't show up in the pics very well either.
There are 23 doors, 9 drawers which meant LOTS of work--sanding, priming, painting, distressing, and glazing. It took me three and a half days. Here are shots of the steps.
Right--primer.
Blue before glaze and distressing.
I need to go to Anthropologie or some place and buy cute accessories, but I like it. I'm a little exhausted and still have a bad cold that my little Rooster shared with Grandma Jo. Off to clean up my mess. Sigh!
Oh, and today is our 31st anniversay. Happy Anniversary, Baby! Guess the kitchen is my present. Thanks, Rickster!
12 comments:
I love it, especially with the color of your walls! It looks like a ton of work. Now you can sit back and enjoy your work (and get over your cold).
Well just look at you, Jo the Handywoman!
I had to talk like a dutch uncle for 2 years to convince my Mr. that painting would work!
Ours however were 20 years old, still oak, YUCK, but in good shape. We took the doors off, all 11 of them, 9 drawers, scrubbed, gave them a light sanding and a wash of Liquid Sandpaper. Then we sprayed, with an automotive painter, 1 coat of primer and 2 coats of good latex. They are wonderful bright white now and he likes them too.
Hope you feel better, and everytime I want to bitch about the heat I think of you:)
Yey someone made it a lifetime commitment! I love to hear of people married for so long!! Happy Anniversary! How ever did you do the distress. Very cool! I like it!
You have the same - or should I say HAD the same - Kitchen cabinets I do. Same style, same tired oak. I think your new blue looks FAB!!
I have been looking at my cabinets all year and I think I am going to paint mine too - I just need to find the time! You have given me the inspiration!!
Love the new look in your kitchen!!
Oh and how could I forget -
Happy Happy Anniversary!!!!
I love your cabinets...they look great!
That looks AWESOME!! I'm so jealous of your kitchen right now. And I can't wait to see what hardware you choose from Anthropologie!
The cabinets looks great. Happy Anniversary!
I love all the G's! I might craft-lift the idea and do it in my kitchen. :-)
And yes, your post title was very deceptive. Well done.
Congratulations on the 31 years! I hope you had some good help today with all that! (and the baby is coming this week..whether she likes it or not!) ;D
I love the cabinets! I did the same thing to a jewelry armoire a few years ago, and to-date it's still my favorite project.
I hope you get over your cold soon!
Happy anniversary to you and Rickster.
I love the color. I am not fan of "normal" kitchen cabinets. Mine used to be deep blue.
Post a Comment