It's 75 degrees here this morning! That's positively frigid for us. Lowest temperature we've had since May or there abouts.
This means that I can postpone my walking no longer. I need to get fit, not fat. Wish me luck. I need to walk from here to Detroit to get the poundage off. Off, I say...
The lovely self-photo is from Saturday on the boat. I just wanted you to see how truly much I need rehab.
Lola needs to go to groomer. We're having missionaries for dinner. (Do you remember my joke on this from earlier posts? If not you'll probably not see the humor.) I am making chocolate chip cookies for dessert. That should off set that walk. Sigh!
Things I'm grateful for today: that the boys had a good first day of K, that it's cooling off here so I can walk, good books I can get lost in, good friends like you. For what are you grateful?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
August
(24)
- Cold Snap
- That's Life...
- Ohm, oohm, searchingfortranquility...ohm
- ...then the void
- Extricated from Walmart Cart
- So Demanding Yet So Cute
- Vote and Visit
- Sedona
- Benefits Cancelled--Oops! Just Kidding...
- Friday Frippery
- Fatty--I'm a Fatty!
- Who's Out at 4:15 a.m.?
- Have Mercy
- Jesus Thunderwolf??
- What I'd Do For $5...
- New Day Dawning
- Knobs and Birthdays
- These Shoes Should Be Walking
- "Aminal" Crossing
- Stage Fright
- FYI
- Rickster's Birthday
- Accessories and MusinexD
- Blue and Slightly Distressed
-
▼
August
(24)
10 comments:
Well best wishes on starting your walking! I have to do the same. I hate treadmills & running but walking makes me very happy & it's lower impact but just as effective. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather! I hope the dinner goes good!! That dessert sounds yummy! I'm grateful for my family! =)
I need to get fit too.
I am grateful that both my girlies had great first days at school yesterday!
That I can come here and know another human being "gets me"! Thank you..and yes, I need to walk as well. Going camping this week-end so maybe I'll get a run in..but probably only if a bear is chasing me!
I need to lose weight too... how can I lose weight between now and Saturday? Any ideas??
Grateful for my job.
Grateful for the time I was able to be a sahm.
Grateful for my friends.
Grateful I can read.
HI!!!
I too have to get WALKING!!
I have been doing it on the treadmill, but prefer outside!!!I too have the MENOPAUSE 15 pounds to lose!!I have been really watching my eating(Snacks are the worst and late night) but I have been walking/jogging on the treadmill for 20 minutes everyday except the Sabbath, for that is a dsay of REST!!
Enjoy your dinner
hugs,
jamie
I've managed to walk a couple of days each week but it isn't really helping, just merely gets me out of the house.
I am grateful for beautiful fall days!
Wow it is positively freezing there! (giggle)!!
Here is to getting fit! I also need to join in :)
I am thankful that I get to go on a trip soon!!
Grateful for: rocky road ice cream on a warm day, a flattering new haircut, and a boyfriend that just gets me (even on my worst days)
I'm also on the "get fit, not fat" program. Let's make some walking goals together, and report to each other (daily? weekly?)... what do you say? :)
Post a Comment