Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Day Dawning

Isn't it wonderful to wake feeling good? You just don't realize how good "good" feels until you don't feel uh--good. (And it is good not well. You are well. You feel good.) Oh, heavens... Who cares really!

Daughter sent out a cry for assistance for next week. She has these periodic meltdowns and shoots up flares. I love being needed but don't exactly want to be summoned. It's a delicate thing. I love my home and my routine. When I go there I get sick from enhaling grandtwin germs and exhausted from fulfilling my list of jobs from the dictator daughter. I will go where I am commanded...but...

I saw on the news that some guy had health problems and they found a pea sprouted in his lung. I didn't hear how it got there. Just too strange for words. I fear what might be sprouting in my organs!

Have a good Thursday. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I will make Rickster take me out this weekend. He did put the rest of the cabinet knobs on my cupboards. Guess that was my birthday present. Oh, and I got a small piece of cake before he scarfed down the rest. We have unusual traditions in our family.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Dictator daughter- that is funny and a good use of alliteration. :) Enjoy your time with her, though I know from personal experience how pregnant women can be towards the end. But I am sure she appreciates you. And that is crazy about he sprouting in the organs thing. I shouldn't hear about stuff like that- I don't need anything else to worry about.

Herding Cats said...

Nooo! He ate your cake? Booo!

Anonymous said...

I heard about the Pea too. That's nuts!

life in red shoes said...

Aren't our daughters lucky to such good Moms:)

JoJo said...

Have a great time celebrating the big day this wknd!

cathycan said...

enjoy your birthday! and go buy one of those trendy, fancy cupcakes so you can have your birthday cake and eat it too!
glad you're feeling better!

CB said...

I heard about the guy with the pea pod sprouting in his lung - very bizarre - makes you wonder what the dude has been inhaling??!!

If hubby is going to eat your cake he better take you out to dinner to a place with good desserts - ha ha!

Emily of Boston said...

Hah - meltdowns and sending up flares. I'm sorry it's so... dramatic!

I didn't get to say happy birthday the other day (I've been hiding in my own personal black hole), so HAPPY BIRTHDAY now, and I'm loving your knobbly knobs!

Blog Archive