There are no pictures for this post. I doubt you would enjoy pictures of any of the above...
Refrigerated bananas is such a cool (pun intended) idea when temps are 108 degrees! I always thought chilling a 'nana ruined it. Not so, fruit lovers. After having mountains of ruined fruit, I finally took your advise. Thank you. Firm, still greenish, and not mushed--excellent.
Cars 2 was a bust according to all my sources. I'm ticked and I intend to tell Pixar about it some how. How can they mix James Bond, Mater as a spy, and torture and death into a Cars movie? That's practically blasphemy! Dang! It's this despicable recession, I think. I blame everything on the economy and politicians of both parties...so there!
Somehow the whole house smells like sweat! We shower. Really. We do. And use antiperspirant and deodorant too, but with 108 degree temps, it just doesn't seem avoidable. I think the dogs even smell sweaty. Maybe I have some rotting produce that I should scope out! (What do you think, Holly?)
I'm still Wimbledoning. Why do all the players grunt and scream nowadays? It's disturbing! Stop it, people. I don't want to hear this any where...most of all while watching grass-court play. Can you say, i.n.a.p.p.r.o.p.r.i.a.t.e?? Stupid recession!
At least we're not fishing! If Rick starts grunting when he casts, I'm never going again.
Jo Out Weekend Version
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
June
(20)
- I'm OK--I'll Be Fine...
- Sufferin' Succotash!
- The Onslaught
- Chilled Bananas, Cars 2, and Sweat...
- Too Hot to Fish
- Let's Do This Thing!
- Oil Change Extravaganza!
- June 21st--Longest Day
- My Eyes Are Boiling
- Quick Change
- Crazy Bloggers Do Lunch--
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt...
- The Pressure!!
- Buy Your Own Clothes Then
- Monday Musings
- My Boys
- On the Road Again...
- So Little to Do, So Much Time to Do It
- So Glad to Be Home!
- Sunflowers
-
▼
June
(20)
9 comments:
Quite a triking title you have there. Bananas: never chilled them, will now. Cars 2: No thank you. Sweat: Yes, welcome to Arizona, my friend. The smell only lasts for 4 months then it's all good again. Want to come over for some potatoes?
I hate sweating...it's so icky.
I say sit in the 'fridge with the bananas.
I'm not ever eating at Holly's house. That was 'skeery'.
I'm with Jan ... sitting in the fridge with the bananas sounds like a good idea, especially because the jar of hot fudge sauce is in there, too. Now that would be a good banana!
Hmm..I'll have to try the banana thing..I thought they got yucky in the fridge too!
Hey, I saw a great recipe for grilled bananas..split in half, length wise withthe skins still on..brush with melted butter and light brown sugar and grilled face down ..sound yummm-oh!
108 huh? we're compalining at 90..
damn recession..
Yuck to bananas! Frozen, fried, pied, chopped...it's all disgusting to me.
I have heard that Cars 2 is a complete bust. I have absolutely no desire to see it. As far as I am concerned they can just keep making the Pixar Shorts with Mater in them.
My sandals always smell like sweat and I hate it. My son always smells like sweat but not to overpowering. Strong body odor makes me seriously want to vomit.
Mom you house is going to smell A LOT better when me and the boys get there tomorrow so enjoy the sweat smell while you can. Soon it will smell like hand prints, wet towels from the pool, banana bread left out on the counter too long and much much more. Believe me- enjoy the sweat smell cause we are a-comin!
♥
oh.. so nice post.)
Love your blog.))
♥
I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
1. Why did you create a blog?
2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
3. How long will it keep going?
♥
Oh I heard someone else say Cars 2 was a flop. They were my age and said it was difficult to understand/follow, they said they were glad they weren't kids watching.
People actually watch Wimbeldon? Mah bad! I saw it come on after the 10pm news and got ticked. Had to find a Seinfeld episode instead
Post a Comment