Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On the Road Again...

Bright and early (6 a.m. at the latest) I am scheduled to blast off for Vegas and the grandsons. Oh, and Daughter, too. The hair is trimmed and dyed, the Lola is groomed, the bag is mostly packed, the car is gassed (major investment), and I'm almost ready to go.

I have to be there before noon because Rooster has a field day I'm commanded to be present for. Then Thursday is kindergarten graduation. Good times! I'm taking the camera so I'll try to bring back some cute pics. Maybe Daughter can shoot them for me so they are presentable.

Today while I was in Kohl's looking for a new shirt or something snazzy to wear to field day, I saw a lady who looked just like a teacher in Buhl, Idaho, that I taught with. But it couldn't be..., I kept thinking. Her hair is too light and not the same style as I remembered. Then I saw her walk and I was a little more certain it was her. She had that "teacher walk" I recognized. So I stood around the corner rack of clothes and said, "Kathleen?" kind of loudly. I figured if it was her, she'd turn around. If it wasn't she wouldn't see me and I wouldn't look like a complete fool. But she turned! Definitely the Kathleen I knew from Idaho. She's been in Arizona for six years. Who knew? Well, I guess she did, but...you know. I sure didn't. So we visited and traded phone numbers. It's just so funny to see someone from a little burg in Idaho in my little part of Arizona. Quite a "coinkadink," as G'ma Goldie used to say. (Spelling is definitely uncertain on that one.) (Spellchecker never even lit up on that one. What the heck?)

So I'll see you all Friday. I can check blogs at Daughter's but won't be blogging while I'm there. I'm lucky to shower and sleep when I'm with the thundering herd. Chaos abounds in their world. I'm a little nervous, but I'll be OK if they don't have some major disaster and leave me with all three kids at once. I'm not as resilient as G'ma Ruth (the other grandma.) She had 5 or 6 kids of her own and is used to multi-tasking. Me--well--you know how I am...

And speaking of guardian angels-- Wait, we weren't talking about guardian angels? Oh, OK, I guess I knew that. But I was thinking of them. Head over to http://anythingfitsanakedman.blogspot.com/ . This is the most endearing and special post I've read in a while. Joan is a doll. You'll love her blog always and this post especially.

Thank you and goodbye for now.

12 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Wow. I'm speechless, Jo. What a kind, lovely thing to do! You have NO idea how much I needed that right now! From the bottom of my heart...thank you! Hope you have a BLAST in Vegas, and that you win BIG!!! xoxo!!

life in red shoes said...

We had our graduation today. Oh Jo...the stories I could tell!
Have a safe trip:)

Melanie's Randomness said...

Aww congrats to your grandson on his kindergarten graduation! Have a safe trip make sure you have enough coolant! =)

Holly said...

Don't forget to stop at Circle K on your way out of town. Be careful. Drive slow, but not too slow. Use your turn signals. Don't flip people off. Make sure you have windshield wisher washer fluid. Pack a tire iron. Oh, and have fun. See you when you get back!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO, did you get anything at Kohl's to wear?

How fun that you met Kathleen...it sure makes the world a much smaller place when things like that happen. 'Twas meant to be!

Now, here is a little hint for you about grand-children (especially when there is more than ONE):

Do NOT show them the benefits of Duct Tape. Do NOT let them watch The Simpsons. Do NOT let your daughter leave you alone with them. Just sayin'..........

Have a good trip and I expect photos with YOU in them. But NOT tied to a chair.

Hugs
Jan

Nicole said...

You will have a blast being there... just remember, spoil them and then go home :)

mCat said...

Kinda wish I was on my way to Vegas - not to a thundering herd, but rather to a pool with shade, sun and diet coke a plenty.

Find some of that while you are there!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Have fun with all of the partyin'!

That is weird that you would meet someone from Ideeho!

Have a blast.

Amy said...

Have a great trip! Be careful out there.

cathycan said...

Enjoy your trip!! I love a happy coincidence, keep in touch with her! those new connections are fun!

Pat MacKenzie said...

That was a great link Jo. I hope your guardian angel is with you on your travels.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I hope you'll have fun with your cute grandbabies and I'll be thinking about you surviving the field trip....may the force be with you on that one.

Off to check out the link....

Blog Archive