Let me start by saying, "Holly started it! She contributed to our delinqency."
We three bloggers met in Surprise for lunch today. That's Pat from Pat's Ramblings on the left, incorrigible Holly in the middle, and then innocent me. I'm sure Holly will blog something far funnier and wittier, but this is my version of the event and I'm stickin' to it.
Holly and I have met before, so I sort of knew what to expect with her--she has a razor sharp sense of humor and is so fun. Pat is a new addition who happened to be in Surprise all the way from Canada. We agreed to meet at the Paradise Cafe and Bakery on Bell Road, the only street in Arizona that I can navigate without my GPS.
Holly and Pat are scrappers and card makers and creative. So they both whipped out their cameras immediately. Holly took a picture of our host fella, our food, the restaurant, and Pat and me. I was still fumbling with my camera bag as they were calling over the waitress to take group pictures. Of course everyone we asked had to take a picture with each of our cameras each time. I'm pretty sure they were thrilled.
( In the shot below, I look like I've been stricken with some sort of paralysis.) We are all quite relaxed in front of the camera. Can you tell?
The picture below was my first attempt before we saddled the waitress into doing the honors. I'm really sorry, ladies. I've sort of captured that deer in the headlights look that no one wants. Forgive...
After drinking large Diet Cokes with lunch, and chatting for over an hour, we went over to Pier 1 and Michael's for some shopping. Pat bought an owl mug and some little notebooks for scrapping. Somehow neither Holly nor I found anything there.
On to Michael's we went where Holly (trust me, it was all her) found the festive tassel head gear to celebrate our nation's independence. (Pat needed some with maple leaves, but she was really caught up in the mayhem. Eh?)
So the head bands were donned for pictures, but I didn't have my camera with me--you know, being the slow one in the group. So Holly and I wore the head bands to the check out. Holly purchased mine with hers. Thank you, Hol. The clerk cut off the tags so that we wouldn't look foolish (heaven forbid we look silly with those tags) and we started out of the store. Finally, Pat was shamed into joining us and went back for her own pair.
We got into Holly's Jeep and headed for Target just so we'd have somewhere to show off our gear. We convinced the lady cleaning the Target restroom to take our pictures--three separate ones, of course. She was so accomodating. Small children pointed and called out to their parents to look at the "pretty ladies."( I'm sure that's what they were saying...) Adults avoided making eye contact with us and scurried by, heads turned. One older man asked if we'd had too much to drink. (Well, if you count Diet Coke, yes we did.)
So that was our outing. Pat said she had been a little nervous to meet since she didn't know either of us. Think how much better she feels now. I'm positive she'll want to get together again the next time she's in town. She said she'd leave the tassels in Arizona so that the next time the three of us get together we can wear them again. I'll bet she's eager to return.
Remember, it was all Holly's fault.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
June
(20)
- I'm OK--I'll Be Fine...
- Sufferin' Succotash!
- The Onslaught
- Chilled Bananas, Cars 2, and Sweat...
- Too Hot to Fish
- Let's Do This Thing!
- Oil Change Extravaganza!
- June 21st--Longest Day
- My Eyes Are Boiling
- Quick Change
- Crazy Bloggers Do Lunch--
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt...
- The Pressure!!
- Buy Your Own Clothes Then
- Monday Musings
- My Boys
- On the Road Again...
- So Little to Do, So Much Time to Do It
- So Glad to Be Home!
- Sunflowers
-
▼
June
(20)
16 comments:
I love your take on our adventure today, except for the awful picture of Holly and me. It was such fun meeting you ladies. We'll do it again.
I'm crying. Really........YOUR story is too fun and SO YOU! Of COURSE it was Holly's fault. She just has that look on her face that spells 'trouble'.
Oh, Pat, you were SOOOO brave to hang out with these two crazy wonderful women and I'd bet you will have a great time sharing this with your O'Canada friends over drinkies! lol
JO....I can see how you were 'duped' and TOTALLY agree you are Ms Innocent. Dragged kicking a screaming all the way.
right............
That sounds soooo fun! I love the tassels - you are my kind of ladies!!!
Sounds like you girls had a great time together. I have to admit your adventures made me miss my best-friend up in Seattle.
The head gear is fantastic!
Well I think that it sounds like it was a true party!
You are all so cute.
I can't imagine what the people really thought of your head gear.
Blogging really is awesome isn't it?
Next time I'm in Arizona I'll stop by for lunch.
You can entertain me.
That's so awesome!!! That's just my kinda fun too!!!! Hugs!
Oh, so that's how it went huh? I seem to recall the day a little differently but then again, you know I can't be trusted. I wore my tassels all the way home and when I walked in the door he said, "So, just how many bars did you women go to?" We should probably go thrift store shopping soon, it would be a shame to only wear those head tassels once.
Well that is just awesome! I'm expecting one of those crazy July 4th themed head thingamabobs in the mail any day now, FYI.
Haha that sounds like fun! I can just see Holly driving down the road wearing that! Good job mom- yes of course you were the innocent one.
I absolutely LOVE that you wore them in to Target!
How great is that?! And, it will be some of us next Wednesday..so we'll be on task to find something suitable for our headgear..Wish you were coming..but next time?? Promise??
PS...are you SURE they weren't supposed to be worn somewhere else? Hmmm...tassels?
Blogger meetups? Are the best! Looks like a fun time for all !
Looks like a good time was had by all!
And good job growing out your hair, it looks darling :)
Blogger get togethers are the bestest! How fun, and I think you were mighty tame with the tassels.
COme to Utah and I'll learn ya how we REALLY work them : )
Bloggers unite! I do love your blog, it's made me lol several times now :)
Just so ya know, we're practically neighbors. I live up Grand Ave almost to Wickenburg. I grocery shop at the Walmart on Bell and Grand, so you never know when we might bump into each other, neighbor!
Do check out the Carroll Farm on my blogroll, they also live out this way, closer to Sun City than me. Good folks :)
Post a Comment