Saturday, June 4, 2011

So Glad to Be Home!

Four days is waaay too long to spend in Twin Falls, Idaho, by myself. I kept thinking of things that Rick and I could do, but by myself it was numbing... I was in my dingy motel room every evening by 5:30 with an Arby's chicken salad/pecan wrap and a paper cup of tap water. I'm just not much fun, folks.

Mom was about the same. The weather was cold, then not so cold, then sunny but windy. I spent a lot of time at Target, T J Maxx, and the mall. I did see my friend that put flowers on Dad's grave. We had a great visit. I also went by and "talked to" Dad. He's doing OK.

Bought Mom some bird seed for her feeder, Fig Newtons, and some wild bird magazines and animal books. We nodded and smiled a lot. Not really much dialog. It's tough!

Rick is home showing me pictures of the 3"-fish he caught. He thinks I'm mean because I want to go eat instead of praise his fishing skills. I had a bowl of raisin bran and wheat thins since morning. I get grumpy when I don't eat. Just feed me and shut up, man. (He's so happy I'm home...)

The Western Days Parade started today an hour after I left town. Thank heavens I escaped the rush. It's a big deal in Twin Falls.

Wednesday I'm headed to Daughter's for Rooster's kindergarten graduation. He cut his head and his father super glued it shut instead of taking him in for stitches. I so need to get up there and "whip some people into shape." (I'm sure SIL will be really glad to see me fly in on my Hyundai broom...)

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed with my own pillows. There will be no fat men showering and flushing the toilet and dropping heavy objects on the ceiling  over my head at 2 a.m. every night. I hate hotels. I do! I realize I could stay at swankier joints, but I believe the fat man would still be up there.

Lola was happy to see me, at least. Rick was fishing and didn't come home for three hours. I'm sure he was glad to see me too--??

I missed my computer. Next time I'm takin' it with. I hate no Blogger. Hate, hate, hate...

I'm so glad to be home!

10 comments:

life in red shoes said...

I agree, 4 days without Jo is way too long!
Glad you're home safe and sound :)

kesandrach said...

Yes yes you should always take your lap top! How do you do it not having access to Facebook, blog and email!? Nope I couldn't do it. I don't think two hours goes by that I don't check mine. But I have a "smart phone" and that makes a big difference. I am so excited for you to come! I like my mama- I do.

RoeH said...

Oh man!@ Did you stay in the Super 8 motel, too? Those walls are paper thin. I'm retracing your trip in a few days or so. I sure won't be in Twin very long. Maybe overnight. There is absolutely nothing for me in that town. Too many bad memories. My dad sleeps 24/7 unless he gets up to eat or bathroom needs. So stupid this life. People shouldn't have to live that long. I get very angry about it. Which does nothing to help.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Welcome back!!!

Holly said...

So glad you're back. I think you're wrong though, fat men do not stay in nice hotels, there's some law against it, I think. Next time you go to Twin Falls, I'll go with you. I like Arbys.

Herding Cats said...

I think sometimes getting away makes us love and appreciate home even more. I'm glad you made it home!

larainydays said...

Fat men are everywhere. They are an essential counterpoint to skinny men.

CB said...

Welcome home!!

Next time you are in Twin let me know and maybe I can spice up your life a little - We'll go to the Olive Garden (wink!).

Amy said...

Glad you are back. I can see how four days in Twin Falls by yourself would be pretty boring. I hate cheap motel rooms where you can hear everything. They make me nervous.

Twin Falls really isn't too far for me to drive if you need some company next time. I am kind of used to driving up that way.

mCat said...

Home is GOOD! I get so skivved out now abut bed bugs now in hotels that I just can't sleep good at all!

Blog Archive