Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5th of May

I have nothing to write about, but I wanted to get that "sour milk" post off my blog. Sorry to everyone for that...it seemed necessary at the time, but revolting in retrospect.

It is Cinco de Mayo but since I really don't celebrate it in any way I'll just say, "Have a happy Wednesday, May 5th." (This is not because I'm against any ethnic group or nationality. I just don't do holidays very well. Don't reach for ulterior motives in my apathy.)

There was a fun post somewhere yesterday--some kind of list that I thought I might try as a post, but now I've forgotten what it was. Oh, dear! I can't remember squat any more.

I will leave you to progress on to more worthy blogs. I just wanted to rid my page of that awful post from yesterday. The oil spill in the Gulf is worrying me. It just seems that there should be some way to stop the flow of oil. Come on, BP. (What does BP stand for anyway?)

I started to reveal one of my other psychosis, but decided against it. You already know I'm a bit "off" and a little touched as they used to say. I'll just stop now before they take me away. I'll do better tomorrow--Seis de Mayo...

9 comments:

rae said...

It was advice to your former self!

Liz said...

Just for kicks, I looked up BP. Looks like it used to be the British Petroleum Company before it was shortened. Hence the BP. :-)

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I didn't read your Sour Milk post so I had to go and do it,lol.

I totally missed that today is Cinco de Mayo. Yes, I am very forgetful as well.

The Cook Clan said...

I know us too! We never really celebrated Cinco di Mio. Although I always thought it would be fun to do something for it.

Jessica said...

My hubs works for BP here in Houston and I know they are scrambling their butts off to try and fix it. Such a huge disaster. A guy in our church was on the rig when it exploded and we are all just so thrilled he is safe and home. Keep them in your prayers!
I like Cinco de Mayo just so I can cook tacos and say things like "Hola mi burrito". Speaking of, did you know Burrito just means "little donkey"? Random thing to call my favorite food :)

Heather said...

I'm glad you're still here! When I went to get on here twice yesterday, it said that your blog had been removed. Weird. So keep on writing and watch that sour milk. Yuck.

Together We Save said...

Hope they can atleast get the leaking stopped today!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I have be SOOO forgetful it's not even funny hun, so no worries! Seriously though, I'll be cooking and need something out of the pantry. So into the pantry I go...only to completely forget what I'm there for - ugh!!! If you're losing it you're doing it alongside me, lol!!!

Sea Witch said...

NO worries. Cinco de mayo is a fake holiday. It is not celebrated in Mexico and never has. Mexico celerbrates their independence in September. It was originally introduced in the 1950-60s as part of social justice advocates wanting to promotoe cross-culturilism. The American beer companies in the 1980s saw it as a great beer, cheese and chip promotion and it has been just that ever since. Okay, enough about that, hope you are having a lovely day. Sea Witch

Blog Archive