I judge each new post of mine by the number of comments I get. Like those stars that rate movies or books-- *=it sucks, **=readable but not a keeper, etc. I only have 23 followers including my daughter who almost never reads my blog, so when I get 10-12 comments I think I've gotten some kind of literary prize. When I get one comment I figure it sucks.
I notice, however, that no matter what some bloggers post they get 30, 40, or more comments--no matter what. They can say, "Good morning. Have a nice day." Post a picture of their garden or a pet and whamo! 800 glowing comments about how clever and how wonderful they are.
It's OK. I'm just mulling these thoughts in my feeble gray mass. Sometimes when I go to other blogs and they have 38 comments already posted, I just go on to the next. Even if I WANT to make a comment, I just don't want to post so far down the list. Sure the owner of the blog might read all the comments and love every one, but if I have to be 39th I just figure it's like "sloppy seconds." Too much hassle. Too much static and white noise.
So if you are one of those Super Bloggers who have 1293 followers and 500 comments every day, I probably am not one of your followers. I went through the other day and deleted all of the industrial strength bloggers from my list. They don't need me. They have 1292 others and will never know I don't go there any more.
I know you think I'm always negative and gloomy. I don't happen to feel this way. I just think I'm extremely pragmatic and sensible. I just acknowledge that I am not one of the popular kids and never have been. Therefore, I do not need to hover over those PKs and faun.
And I will still continue to judge the merits of my entries by the comments that they gleen. I think it's logical and a good indication of whether my ideas appeal to readers. That's reasonable. At least I haven't gotten those "hate comments" that I sometimes read about where people tell you you're ugly, stupid and should die. I don't think I could take that. My ego is pretty fragile, people. So if you can't say anything nice...you know...don't. I love comments, but I can't take criticism, even constructive. Just sayin'. Y'all have a nice day now, ya hear!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
May
(25)
- The Man Who Never Rests
- OK Visit
- Rick threw the Kong for Barley and Lola a little t...
- Ripped From the Headlines
- Versatile--Me?? OK
- Abnormal Boobage
- Sick Husband Woes
- See Green
- What did I miss?
- Blessings
- Used Underwear
- Comments Count
- Beauty is Genetically Predisposed
- Baby in My Home Town
- Brown or White?
- Special Baby in Twin Falls
- My Spawn's Critique
- Grandsons's Party
- Recent Randoms and Rooster
- One of Those...
- Lunch a la Cafe Costco
- 5th of May
- Sour Milk!
- I Just Don't Trust Any More...
- We're Back
-
▼
May
(25)
10 comments:
Interesting...I think I look at my blog posts and consider the comments "ratings" too. Recently a couple of my bloggy friends had a "comment competition" on my blog causing a few of my posts to have 50 or 60 comments. Even though I knew that they were all from 2 or 3 gals they each still made my day! I love each of my comments and the bloggy friends that wrote them especially for me. I don't think that if I got 30 to 40 daily that I would not love them just as much though. I love your comments on my blog!
I haven't been getting 60 comments per post anymore.... It's making me sad, but I can't help it! boo.
I love comments too! It lets me know that someone is actually reading my posts.
Judging by my comment rating system, I really write nothing worthy of too many comments. But oh how I love the ones I do get.
I happen to love your little blog.
This new layout is fabulous!
Who doesn't love comments!?! I also have a hard time leaving a comment when there's already tons and tons of them. I feel like everything has already been said.
I know how you feel. I am purely ecstatic when I get comments. But know, too, that sometimes people don't comment just because they don't have time at the moment. Sometimes I have 0.04 seconds to skim my blog roll before a munchkin demands my attention, and I just can't comment. I think you have a lot of good things to say, though, and you can bet if I don't comment, I probably at least thought about doing it. :-)
I know how you feel... I think you are one of 3 people that comment on my blog!
Awwwweee man - It can be true sometimes. Comments are great - they make you feel validated and loved. I reposted a favorite post not too long ago about how comments are like getting a Hug - a blog hug and I totally feel like that is true.
Comments are fun but don't let them rule our self worth - not worth it.
I have been feeling bad lately because I read blogs now about 2 or 3 times a week - I just don't have time to sit and read blogs daily - maybe when I have my surgery everyone will get 10 comments a day from me - Ha ha!!!
Keep on writing and do it mostly for you!!!
Have a SUPER week :D
Cherie
You are so silly!! Sometimes I get a lot of comments and sometimes not so much. I think it has more to do with whether people are busy or not....not so much with me. I know in summertime I get far fewer because everyone is out and about. I DO love all my comments and commenters though and I DO get sad when a reader "dumps" me. But it's all a part of bloggy life. I remember that I blog for myself and everyone else is a bonus!
HUGS!
Post a Comment