Have you every had one of those days? You know--you wake up and just know it's not going to be productive and pleasant. Nothing major, mind you. No disaster looming. I just feel blah!
My horoscope only had three stars. I can't remember the message. But even the stars agree--blah!
I could always dust. Oh, please!! I hate to dust. It's futile on Friday, isn't it. I have to clean again on Monday. We never have any visitors and Rick doesn't see dust, so...not so much.
I miss Idaho and my mom. Now, my mom is still alive, but I miss her because she no longer is aware and "with us." She has lucid moments but they are rare, fleeting, and just teasers for what I yearn for. It's like I will have watched my mom die twice by the time she does pass on. I mourn for her now more than I will then. I miss her being funny and cooking home made chicken noodle soup and hamburger casserole. I have her recipes for both, but they don't taste anything like hers when I cook them. I used to say that when she made bread the flavor came from her hands kneading it. It was delicious!
I won't go through the list of memories, but I will tell you that with Mother's Day coming, I realize how much I miss her. It wouldn't matter if I were there with her. She's gone! Just appreciate your moms if they are still lucid and with you. All of us moms have faults and flaws, but there is a love there that can't be explained. Any mom worth her salt would give her life instantly for each child. Appreciate and love. It's not about the gifts or the dinners or even the cards. It's about the memories and the love that you never appreciate enough until it's gone.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
May
(25)
- The Man Who Never Rests
- OK Visit
- Rick threw the Kong for Barley and Lola a little t...
- Ripped From the Headlines
- Versatile--Me?? OK
- Abnormal Boobage
- Sick Husband Woes
- See Green
- What did I miss?
- Blessings
- Used Underwear
- Comments Count
- Beauty is Genetically Predisposed
- Baby in My Home Town
- Brown or White?
- Special Baby in Twin Falls
- My Spawn's Critique
- Grandsons's Party
- Recent Randoms and Rooster
- One of Those...
- Lunch a la Cafe Costco
- 5th of May
- Sour Milk!
- I Just Don't Trust Any More...
- We're Back
-
▼
May
(25)
5 comments:
Wow. That must be so tough. Having her there, physically, but not really there...a mom is just irreplaceable, you know?
That would be so hard. As crazy as my mom can be at times, she is "here" and always concerned about me and my family. I think no one can ever take the place of one's mom. There is something so special about moms (even if they do drive you nuts sometimes). I think having my own little ones now makes me really understand that. Happy Mother's Day to you!
I lost my Mother twice, after her stroke at 41 she was no longer the person we had called Mom. However, her actual death was much harder than I had anticipated, took me completely by surprise.
Do something extra nice for yourself this weekend, you deserve it:)
It seems that nothing taste as good as Mom makes it or Grandma makes it. I am sorry that you miss your mom so much. Keep remembering the good times. I am sure that is what she would want you to do. I love my Mom dearly even when she is driving me nutty.
Big hugs honey!! I'm so sorry you feel blue and blah, and it must be heartbreaking to not have your Mom be the way she was. I never had one though, so be blessed in your wonderful memories!!!
Happy Mother's Day to YOU!!
Post a Comment