Saturday, May 8, 2010

Recent Randoms and Rooster

Have I ever told you that I have the cutest grandkids? This happens to be my Rooster helping his mom garden. He loves to water plants. Got that from helping Grandma Jo when she lived in Idaho. This adorable child and his twin brother Blake will be 5 on Monday. They are having a big party today (luau) with the bounce house, etc. Hope the wind doesn't blow. It'll be tough to do what they want with tiki torches and decorations if it blows. They even have a live band and 100 guests. My daughter is not afraid to party. (She's way more social than her mama.) I am so glad they are in our lives. What a joy grandchildren are.

The Suns won a tough ball game last night. What scrappers! Dragic saved the game in the 4th quarter. I love it when my team wins in any sport.

I bought two pair of denim shorts yesterday. You know the cute ones with the cuff. Had to pay way more than I wanted to because the expensive ones ($69.00) were the only ones that fit. Dang! They were 25 percent off, however.  And I didn't get the price tags hidden before I showed Rick what he was thoughtful enough to buy me for Mother's Day. He's OK with whatever I pay. I rarely buy anything. He calls me "low maintenance/no maintenance." Isn't he clever! (Not) There were more expensive ones--Joe's Jeans--Yikes! $178. I didn't dare try those on. I knew they'd fit great and then I'd be sunk.

We have to repair the leaky fountain and finish repairing a friend's four-wheeler so we can get it out of the garage. Have a good weekend, friends. Remember to love one another.

6 comments:

Jules AF said...

I forgot what I was going to comment about by the time I got here.

Oh yeah, 100 guests??? That is crazy. I hope y'all have a good time!

CB said...

Your daughter and I sound like we would get along great - I love a big party!!!

I hope it turns out fantastic and the wind does not blow - Very fun!!!

Cute cute little grand guy :D

Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!!

Amy said...

I admire your daughter's ability to put together such a big party for the boys. I get cold feet just thinking about having a bbq for the family.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

life in red shoes said...

Being a Grandma is the reason we allow our own children to live! Yours are darling, I hope the party is a huge success, and have a Happy Mothers Day...wearing your cute new shorts I hope:)

Liz said...

$179 for jeans? Sheesh. But yea for finding ones you like!

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! :-)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds like you are having a grand ole time!!! SO glad to hear you bought something nice for yourself! Retail therapy always works for me, lol!

Hugs!!!

Blog Archive