Saturday, May 22, 2010

What did I miss?

I tried to read back through all your posts while I was gone, but they all started blurring together and I feared I'd drown in information. I'd never be able to catch up, so I'm just forging ahead.

Nice visit in Idaho. I won't bother telling you everything, but Mom was fine, I lunched with friends, visited my dad's grave, bought some new shoes (cute flats with zebra on top--cuter than it sounds), went to the doctor and had a mammogram. Can you believe? I was busy.

The doctor asked me when I'd last had a mammogram. I said, "Oh, a year--year and a half."
He looked on my chart and said, "It was 2006."
Oh, well. Year and a half or 4 1I/2? I wasn't off by much.

I hate medical tests. But I bit the bullet and walked in there to have my boobs squished. The scary part is that they might find something. That's why I don't like tests of any kind. What could they reveal? I have the misguided, delusional thought that if you're never tested they'll never find anything. (I realize my thinking is flawed...)

So I was examined. Keep your fingers crossed. I told the doctor I didn't want to live to be like my mom--relatively physically healthy but not mentally clear. He just looked at me like I was an idiot and said nothing. Sooo, guess my thinking is flawed again.

I'm glad to be home. You know I'm just a home body. The daughter wanted us to leave this morning at 5 and go up to LV, but I can't be gone again for a while. I'm just not flexible like that. Little Miss Rigidity here... I just want to unpack, use my new toothbrush and stay home.

7 comments:

Jules AF said...

2006 totally feels like it was a year and a half ago! I agree.

Katie said...

I can totally relate to the way you think when it comes to doctor's visits. I know it doesn't make much sense....oh well. Glad you had good trip!

CB said...

Sounds like you had a nice trip and I am so glad you went a got your boobs squished. I am very PRO mammogram!! Good job :D

The Cook Clan said...

Thanks for calling us! Mckenna enjoyed seeing Grandma Jo! She won't be wearing those shorts for a bit though. Its freezing here!

Liz said...

I totally agree on wanting to be home after a trip. I think it's absolutely necessary to have some time to recharge and be normal before you even think about leaving again.
Here's to hoping they find nothing there but boobs!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm glad you had a good trip! Good job on the boobie squishing. I haven't gone yet but will next year. You just KNOW if men had to do that to their nether region, they would come up with something better in a flash!!!

As per custom, the first person to comment on my challenge card post gets it!! :D So email me your mailing address!

Amy said...

Glad you had a good trip and you had your mammogram. I haven't had one yet.

Blog Archive