While in Idaho two weeks ago, I drove an extra 70 miles (round trip) to buy Rick underwear. It's a long story, so just trust me when I say that I tried to get the right size, material, and style. I made a real effort.
When I got home, I washed the new purchase, folded them, and put them in Rick's drawer as is my habit. I wash, fold, and put away all his clothes as well as buying them.
The next day when he put on the fore-mentioned article of clothing, I heard a bellow. He sidled out in the living room to show me the error of my ways. I bought XL instead of L. (He wears XL in everything but that item.) They were too big and too long. A major faux pas!
Every day since I've been home, I've been aprised of my egregious error. This morning when he came out to breakfast he said, "You really must be sure to buy me the right sizes in clothes."
OMG! Please forgive my sins! I might have to kill the man. I went in his underwear drawer, took out the four offending pair of drawers and put them safely away in a box in the closet where other orphaned articles of clothing live. Rejects that Rick has refused.
Out of sight. Out of mind. He can go commando for all I care. See if I ever try buying him any article of clothing again! Ever!
Stupid man....
14 comments:
So funny. I laughed out loud and read it to Lloyd. I guess I have it easy. Lloyd buys all his own clothes and does the laundry but can't fold worth a darn, so that's my job.
I can just see the walk that he did into the living room... I've seen it for years from him and heard the bellows. Along with his other bellow when you forget to buy him food- "Out of muffins!" And I really believe that if you didn't buy him underwear he probably wouldn't wear it. So you are really doing all mankind a favor mom- good job.
Oh boy..do you have an air conditioned dog house? Rick may want to be cool in there..hahaha!
Mr. B likes certain shirts..and when he buys them, he buys lots..ALL THE SAME COLOR! People must think he never changes his shirts! Geesh..men..can't live with them..can shoot them..
Thank you for NOT sharing a photo of the 'offending' items!
I buy all the clothing here, too. One day we had a discussion about an 'un-mentionable' that my dh needed. He told me the size to buy...like I've forgotten over the last 41 yrs. What's up with that? Needless to say, I did buy the CORRECT size/item and he's happy. Yep, me too.
It's ok, JO....I still like you.
Maybe if you kept more muffins in the house he would fit into those drawers.
hahahahahaha. I giggled, I giggled hard about this. I'm sorry but I'm still giggling :)
Bwahahahahahahaha!!! Because, I know what you're buying. So glad I just have a cat. He wouldn't think of giving me hell for buying him the wrong size.
And Rick? Buy your own next time, macho man.
I know of what you bought and what you speak and I make my husband and my son buy their own!! I know I would get it wrong and I don't want to hear about it!
You crack me up, as usual, Jo!
You are hilarious.
I say let him go commando and buy his own stuff.
I'm a little jealous of your soaring temps. I dont think I have ever seen over 100 degrees.
Oh, I read your previous post, give me the moms name, I'll tattle for you.
Men are funny ... they don't want to do something themselves but complain when it's not done to their liking. You just have to love them anyway. It's amazing, though, when left to their own devices, they manage to survive quite well. That's always a puzzle ...
OMH! You kill me...in a good way:)
I also do all of the afore mentioned tasks, and my Mr. is also just as picky as yours.
Let's form a support group!
Vigorously nodding my head in agreement! :D
Sounds a little bit like my son. Not the size but the style. Heaven forbid I buy the wrong kind of boxers...the world might just come to an end.
He took a shower at my mom's the other day and didn't have a clean pair of drawers, when I suggested he go commando just long enough for the ride home, he nearly had heart failure.
Commando it is.
Splenda and I made a deal about 20 years ago to NEVER buy clothes of any kind for one another. It just never ends well
Post a Comment