One of the activities of the past 4 days was watching "Gnomeo and Juliet." Toward the end of the movie, one of the little gnomes gets run down or something and he pops up and says something like "I'm OK. I'll be fine" just after he's gotten his tiny gnome rear kicked. We all laughed and thought it the funniest line from the movie.
I feel exactly that way right now. I just have had my emotional and physical self run over and destroyed but I'm bouncing up and going on as if nothing at all has sent me reeling...Look how brave I am! I'm just like a gnome who's been destroyed... (and have a dangerously warped humor, I fear)
A funny fact is that I rented the movie from one of those blockbuster boxes in Safeway cuz redbox was too far away. I never use those. Daughter told me to do it. It's scary, folks. It takes your credit card number and who knows what I've paid for. One of the movies didn't even play. "Gnomeo..." was OK, but in order to see it a sufficient number of times we had to keep it three days. Ergo, I could have purchased it almost as cheaply. Sigh! I don't trust these new fangled contraptions.
I'm always wiped out when my family leaves. I try not to be, but I am. They are so exhausting and so wonderful all at once. Why is it again that I clean and prepare when it all just gets trashed while they're here? I never have figured out that solution.
The blue float tube in my header has died. It's limp and flattened and all deflated much as am I. I must go now, shower, and try to pick myself up again. The sunshade blew out of the ground pulling up cement and tipping over flower pots. That's a fun mess we must clean up.
It's much cooler today--only 107. Whew! I'm feeling cooler already. Saturday is forecast to be 117. I'm going to hold myself under in the deep end of the pool.
And my hair looks particularly bad with 1/2 inch of white roots and hair lady can't dye it til next week. I'm pretty much a big, sweaty, limp, reverse-grizzled mess.
I'll post pictures of some of the pool shots later. Gunnar is such a little swimmer (splasher). He loves the water.
I'm OK--I'll be fine...Don't worry about me. (Or you could if you wanted, because you know how weak and fragile I am.)
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
June
(20)
- I'm OK--I'll Be Fine...
- Sufferin' Succotash!
- The Onslaught
- Chilled Bananas, Cars 2, and Sweat...
- Too Hot to Fish
- Let's Do This Thing!
- Oil Change Extravaganza!
- June 21st--Longest Day
- My Eyes Are Boiling
- Quick Change
- Crazy Bloggers Do Lunch--
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt...
- The Pressure!!
- Buy Your Own Clothes Then
- Monday Musings
- My Boys
- On the Road Again...
- So Little to Do, So Much Time to Do It
- So Glad to Be Home!
- Sunflowers
-
▼
June
(20)

9 comments:
You sure don't sound like a weak and fragile person. Sounds like you had a great time with your family in spite of the heat, the noise, the mess, the wind, etc. Now you can relax and enjoy your alone time.
Of course you will be fine. Most people feel a little wilted after the company leaves. I know I do.
Breath, relax, and buy a new tube for lounging in the pool. Everything thing will be just fine.
You are so cute. I can read between the lines - You are exhausted but really enjoyed your visit - Oh wait maybe you actually said that :-D
I do the same thing when people come to visit - clean like a maniac just so it can get trashed. I decided it's because if they initially see it all clean and put together it doesn't matter after that. And it shouldn't, the visit and enjoying people is the main thing.
Hope you can relax and get your messes cleaned up. Enjoy the A/C.
P.S. I think we are somewhat joining you - it is supposed to be 107 here pretty soon! Yikes
Get a good rest and blog in the morning. We want to know you have bounced back.
HI!!
Of course YOU are OK, or will be OK, that is how me Momma's and Grandma's ROLL!!!We go like an energizer bunny til the gas is all dried up. Then we are sad it is all over and wish it could last forever. Well maybe not!!
Have a great weekend, stay cool if possible. I have to be out all day tomorrow and I am NOT looking forward to it.
Happy 4th, I love your background, don't tell anyone--I did not decorate for the 4th this year, that is a BIG BIG SIN in my book, just could not muster the strength to do it.
So I will celebrate being Patriotic in a not dressed up patriotic house.
hugs,
jamie
Hmmmmm. I don't know about this. Not liking it one bit. Wanna get out of the house? I know your first reaction is "NO! I do not!" But think about it. Heading over to Bell and 75th today to do some sundress shopping. We can buy you that maxi dress that you know you want. And maybe a hat like the lady at Paradise cafe who spilled her drink. Hats make it all better. I'll bring you a Diet Coke and a smile. And I'll try not to be weird. Much.
Ya, mine are all headed this way to stay until Tuesday. I'm going to need the deep end of your pool!
Sounds like it was a fun time though exhausting.
Sorry about the roots. That reminds me, I need to be doing the hair coloring thing too.
Have a wonderful, quiet 4th of July!
You REALLY need to meet Holly and buy a hat. It'll cover up your roots and make you feel so much better (along with the Diet Coke).
Seems that visits like yours (and all of ours) are exhausting. So much to do after the crew leaves.
I say you go out with Holly, stop by the pool section at WalMart and get a new 'floatie', buy the darn hat, accept the Diet Coke, and then get into the pool. For the rest of the day (and perhaps into the evening). Don't cook. Don't clean.
Take deep breaths, Jo. We're here for you.
PS...should I tell you that the high here today will be 77? Ok, I'll keep it to myself. Cuz I'm nice like that!
Love ya,
Jan
I am tired for you. Does that count? Sympthetic tiredness. And hot too. Surely that counts.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment