Today would have been my mom and dad's 72nd anniversary had dad lived. (I'm sure mom is oblivious. Though if you mention such things she will nod and smile as if she agrees and understands). She got married just two months before her 18th birthday (and it wasn't a have to thing.) My mom was thrilled to have celebrated her 50th anniversary with dad and a nice party in their yard. She loved being married, and though it was never an easy life for my parents they always were better together. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad.
I watch Wimbledon tennis. Every year. Without fail. I love the grass courts, the snazzy towels, the ball boys and girls, demure crowds, rain delays, clotted creme and berries. I just love it all. This is just about the only tennis I do watch. It's more the Wimbledon thing than the tennis thing. It's so peaceful and calming and civilized. Aahhh...
I bought Barley a new bed at Sam's yesterday. Her old one was a flat, dirty, hairy mess. It's in the garbage. I worried that she wouldn't take to this new one, so Rick went out and lay on it and rubbed his stink all over it and wrestled with Barley on her bed. After that she seemed to bond with the bed. When I woke this morning she was nestled in the center of it all stretched out. In heaven! Happy new bed, Barley. Glad you like it.
I will not be going to Vegas to get grandtwins. Daughter got tickets to a monster truck event for Friday night for the boys. She wanted me to "change my plans" and drive up Friday instead of Thursday. Bring the boys back Saturday morning. Then she would drive down Monday and stay for a couple of days and take the boys back. Mom would be driving for almost 10 hours round trip and 350 miles at $3.50/gallon plus wear and tear on the car and the mom just to get the kids for 1 1/2 days extra. I'm sorry but , I'm old and tired and lazy and though I love you all tremendously, I just don't feel like doing this. I used to jump and drive whenever you beckoned, Daughter Dear. I've decided that life is short and my desire counts for something. I don't desire to do this. I'd love to have you bring the boys down for a few days when it's convenient for you. As for me going up and back and up and back and ...huh uh! Thanks, but no!
Yes, this heat is making me a bit cranky. Rick is choking and sneezing and --I hesitate to tell everything the man does. Trust me that it's all annoying and "I've had enough!" If you know me at all you know that is my anthem of despair. When I say, "I've had enough!" it means: clear out of Dodge. Push me NO farther. Back off, Jack. Leave and don't come back for a while... It means that I might explode and cause a lot of collateral damage. Rick went to work early today.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
June
(20)
- I'm OK--I'll Be Fine...
- Sufferin' Succotash!
- The Onslaught
- Chilled Bananas, Cars 2, and Sweat...
- Too Hot to Fish
- Let's Do This Thing!
- Oil Change Extravaganza!
- June 21st--Longest Day
- My Eyes Are Boiling
- Quick Change
- Crazy Bloggers Do Lunch--
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt...
- The Pressure!!
- Buy Your Own Clothes Then
- Monday Musings
- My Boys
- On the Road Again...
- So Little to Do, So Much Time to Do It
- So Glad to Be Home!
- Sunflowers
-
▼
June
(20)


10 comments:
Wow, that is a ton of driving for a few days of visiting. I don't blame ya. But then again, I hate taking road trips so when I finally get around to taking them I stay for a while! Good luck surviving the heat! Sure wish we had a little heat up here. I hear its supposed to get nice this week......I'm still waiting. :)
I sense some real progress with limits here Jo, good job!
I don't think I've ever loved you more! I'm so proud of you. Now shut up and get a Diet Coke and go relax in the pool.
Happy Anniversary to your parents.
I stopped watching tennis around the time Jennifer Capriati got busted for drugs. Again. And I stopped playing when I got a boyfriend. Which I totally regret now because he was a douche.
Hoping you're feeling MUCH better today!
Way to go JO! Sticking up for your Bad Self. Hey, it's your life and you can do what you want to and not feel guilty about it.
Whoop Whoop Whoop
You have the heat. We have the WIND! It just won't stop blowing and it really gets to you after awhile. And don't talk about hair. It's never nice...just a wild mess on top of my shoulders!
So,it looks like you got 'it' all out of your system. Do you feel better? I hope so. And like Holly said...go jump in the pool.
my dog doesn't care for a dog bed... anyway she messed her last one up so I don't wanna buy her another. She ate through one and messed the 2nd up in no time flat both times.
It is a good day to get married! P.S. I got married one month before my 19th birthday. Just thought I would throw that out there.
I'm glad you've spared yourself all that travelling in all this heat. You can settle in for a few guilt-free days by the pool now.
It's sad that your mother no longer remembers her anniversary. My mother turned 90 in May but she doesn't remember her daughters and dad was the first person she forgot. Too sad.
I am moaning with the fact that it ia the longest day of the year, we have had two warm days in a row....that is it. I wish I could have some of your heat.
Wimbledon huh? I'm not so much into tennis myself. I am obviously not cultured.
Read your previous post about not dropping everything .. Good.
It's a ton of work.
Stay inside, stay cool and enjoy your tennis! Hugs!!!
Post a Comment