I just wanted to say that. I really have nothing to do. Psych!
I know, I'm sick and wrong. What? You knew that! Oh,...
The oil change went fine--only $210--a bargain, for sure. And it only took 1 hour. So you'd think I'd spend the rest of the morning at Costco, huh. Not so, my friends. I couldn't make myself go because it was HOT. Don't judge me. It was 113 degrees yesterday. I couldn't do it. Came back to Surprise and went to Sam's Club for my drugs and some cantaloupe. Really sweet and tasty ones, I might add. I ate so much as I cut 'em up, I think I got a tummy ache. Well worth it!
Today I'm going visiting teaching. It's a big deal for me. So hard to coordinate my partner's schedule, mine, theirs...calling, recalling, rescheduling...I'm exhausted and I haven't even gone yet. And, yes, I do know it's almost the end of the month. But the tricky thing is that it isn't quite the end yet. Don't judge me, sisters. (If you're not LDS, just skip that paragraph. It's only mildly amusing if you're Mormon and not funny at all if you're not. Count it as a blessing either way! hahahasniffcoughsnort)
Struggling with my "long" locks now it's HOT!! Yikes! Hair is smothering me and it's only 3 inches long at the longest.
Glen Campbell has announced he has Alzheimer's disease. I'm crushed. Seriously. This is only interesting if you remember me my sophomore year in college, stole my Glen poster, put it in the maintenance closet in the hall, got chewed out big time, and never let me forget it. Actually the person this involves doesn't read my blog, but she'll know when she hears the news that I'm sad. You had to be there in '68 at USU, I think.
I told you I had nothing interesting to blog this morning. If you're disenchanted with my blathering, you shouldn't have read this far. If you're my true friend you will find this nonsense endearing, I'm certain. People who love me unconditionally know I rarely have anything noteworthy to post.
So off to the shower to struggle with the hair and the other mundane daily routine. Why look nice when you're just going to melt anyway?
Jo Out...
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
June
(20)
- I'm OK--I'll Be Fine...
- Sufferin' Succotash!
- The Onslaught
- Chilled Bananas, Cars 2, and Sweat...
- Too Hot to Fish
- Let's Do This Thing!
- Oil Change Extravaganza!
- June 21st--Longest Day
- My Eyes Are Boiling
- Quick Change
- Crazy Bloggers Do Lunch--
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt...
- The Pressure!!
- Buy Your Own Clothes Then
- Monday Musings
- My Boys
- On the Road Again...
- So Little to Do, So Much Time to Do It
- So Glad to Be Home!
- Sunflowers
-
▼
June
(20)
13 comments:
113?? Yikes. Good luck staying cool today!
Oh I so remember thinking I was going to die when living in Cali with 120 degree weather. I feel your pain! That hot is seriously crazy! Hope you survive! Come visit Idaho, its only in the 80s if we are lucky.
By far my favorite part of this entire post: "hahahasniffcoughsnort"
I think your life and blog material is more fascinating than mine, and yes, I find you endearing, and sweet, and funny, but mostly just weird.
Try to stay cool, ya goof!! :D
Holy Cow....Glenn has Alzheimers? I didn't know. The "Lineman for the County", etc. Sad to sure.
I ALWAYS read to the end of your posts (and all my other bloggy friends) because you never know what is going to be there! Some people are pretty sneaky.
Endearing. Natch.
Boring. No.
Weird. Yes, in a 'good way'.
Funny. Fer sure
Hope your shower went as well as the trip to get the oil changed!
Hi Jo. I saw your comment on Jan's blog and had to stop over. My cousin went by Jo....instead of Jodell. She died of H1
N1 in Feb.
ANyway, you are a hoot. Love your honestly. Decided to follow you.
A friend of Jan is a friend of mine. Stop over at Cozy
Blanket and visit when you get a chance.
Hey Jo I wanted to thank you for all your comments lately and you know what I needed to hear that he is an ass because he is. I honestly don't know what to do about it cuz once an ass always an ass. I'm giving him a shot but I'm being very guarded in all of this. I have to be and thank you for giving me another look into it. =) *BIG HUGS*
I can't imagine how your dealing with the heat over there. I'd be bald because my hair would drive me insane!! =)
CRAP! I just remembered I gotta go do my visiting teaching. I got 8 more days right? Might be a drop a gift and run month......BAHHAHAHAA
consider yourself...endeared...
I complain about the heat here..it was, like, 84 yesterday!!
I know, I know..
Your sense of humor, and honesty, is what keeps me around. That's awful about GC - my worse fear for myself. I never did like VTing and when I said that to the RS Pres. once she said "No one does, but we do it anyway".
We had a Glen Campbell Christmas tape when I was growing up that I loved. How sad for him. And I think you are so fun to read.
Dang $210 for an oil change... is that the standard going rate? if so, you're getting screwed!
Post a Comment