I tried to find a picture of hordes of marauders descending, but I couldn't find a suitable one. Nevertheless, it is going to get wild here in a few hours.
Not only is it supposed to be 114 degrees today, but the grand kids and Daughter are coming. Da-dum...Da-dum...Aahhrg! One never knows the exact hour. It's spooky!
Rick has been airing up everything--bike tires, float tubes, motorized tubes, all forms of floating and rolling devices. (One is already flat again. ugh!)
The house still smells funny but Daughter assures me it will smell "better" when they arrive with diapers, fast food garbage, dirty sneakers, and six-year-old boys. Yes,it should be much more fragrant soon. P.S. I found the sweaty, awful smell--a loaf of molded whole wheat bread. It was a yeasty smell rather than a moldy smell. Guess that's what happens when you live in the throws of hell--(It's just too hot. I admit it.) But it is better than rotten potatoes.Eh, Holly?
I probably will be somewhat out of commission on the blogosphere for a few days. I tend to barely keep my head above the churning waters while the masses are on site. I know it's useless, but I have to vacuum and clean a little so I'm ahead of the game before the real destruction crashes into me
So, I'm really looking forward to this. You betcha. At least it's only part of the family. They're not bringing SIL or the hounds--I don't think. (You never know with those people.) I know I've asked before, but please say a little prayer with me in mind. I feel so vulnerable and outnumbered.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
June
(20)
- I'm OK--I'll Be Fine...
- Sufferin' Succotash!
- The Onslaught
- Chilled Bananas, Cars 2, and Sweat...
- Too Hot to Fish
- Let's Do This Thing!
- Oil Change Extravaganza!
- June 21st--Longest Day
- My Eyes Are Boiling
- Quick Change
- Crazy Bloggers Do Lunch--
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt...
- The Pressure!!
- Buy Your Own Clothes Then
- Monday Musings
- My Boys
- On the Road Again...
- So Little to Do, So Much Time to Do It
- So Glad to Be Home!
- Sunflowers
-
▼
June
(20)
12 comments:
You only feel outnumbered because you are. Have fun with the ankle biters. Because my daughter will not give me grandchildren, I don't have to clean my house.
Oh My I'm glad you found the source of the smell!! That would be gross in 114 temps!!
I read the post below and I have to tell you that I took my son to see Cars 2 and it was great!! It wasn't quite as magical as the first one, but what sequel ever is? But it still was delightful and he loved it. I think your grandboys would really like it!
Hope you have a great time! I have a feeling you are going to be in the water alot the next few days.
Once my family stayed for 2 weeks. I almost chewed my leg off.
May your family visit be happy, stress-free, and fun.
I'm sorry you had to clean. I still haven't dusted and am feeling pretty cockey about it.
I'll miss you while you are tied up, er, busy.
When it's hot, nothing is fun. Even company. I just went to Wal-Mart to heap up my year's supply of food until Tuesday of any given week. I think the milk went sour before I got to the car. I know I did!
Thanks for stopping by COzy Blanket. We were tending to 6 little ones....8, 5, 5, 5, 2, 1......the big kids went out 5 nights.....not a big deal really. The kids were supposed to be settling down in their own rooms. Each family had a bedroom. It was fun.
Sounds like you will have a house full of fun soon. Enjoy.
My house has been smelling since I returned from the beach. I am attacking it big time this week.
Next week I will have fun.
Have fun with the family. I get jealous every time I open your blog and see the picture of you lounging in the pool. I haven't been in a pool in ages.
Hopefully the anticipation is worse than the actual event. Enjoy the kids - the nice thing about grandkids is that they love you even when you're cranky. They just think that's the way old people are ;)
Hmmm...
Wondering if this is how my MIL is currently feeling. We'll be descending upon her home in a few days, ha!
Oh..pull the wagons in a circle and hunker down!
You know you'll love every smelly sneaker-6 year old boy-fast food garbage moment!
AND....prayers are being sent up...
I'll bet you're like me and get all the anxiety out of the way before they even get there. {Seriously...I stress out like no other when company comes or Mark goes away.} And then you can enjoy the fun stuff! Hope so, anyway. :-)
Ha! Best of luck to you ... hope there is a lot of laugher and not many tears/drama. I just spent 3 days with my fam and that was about my max ;)
♥ Cat brideblu
Oh Jo.....this post made me chuckle.....aren't grandkids and family the best...... (O:(O: Just make sure one of those little darlings doesn't mold while in AZ after spending hours and hours in the pool!! LOL LOL
xo
JO
Post a Comment