Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quick Change

Sometimes posts just need to be changed. That's what I'm doing now. Yet there is nothing to change it to. oops!

Tomorrow is Father's Day. It always is right around my baby's birthday. I think she was her dad's present every year. He does love his girl. My dad too loved his only grandchild. So here's to Father's Day and two of the most special, though quite different, Dads in the world. I'm a lucky woman to have had these two men in my life.


Rick and I are heading to Lake Pleasant. Ahhh, yes. I'm fishing with the big guy today. There might be pictures (or not) depending--on what I don't know, but depending... I'm taking a book and he'd better not bug me while he fishes. Just throw out and shut up, man. I don't want any commentary while you angle (or whatever you call it.)

It's cooling off here tomorrow--that's the headline. Only 100 degrees--brrrr! Get out those jackets. Wimps! In Idaho they still have the heat on and the insulated coveralls handy. Rick hesitated to swim the other day cuz the pool was only 83 degrees. Bunch of pansies. (I ain't goin' in either though. I don't like it blowing when I swim. It makes it chilly when I get out. ;o(

OK, until I bring you pictures of this fishing expedition. This is the best I can do for now. Lola went to Walmart with Dad to buy anchovies and water. She's so proud to go somewhere. She's left home a lot in this hot weather. We'd have BBQ'd Lola if she went in the car after about 8 a.m. She will also not be going fishing with us. Shhh...don't tell her.

I'm off to shower before we head out. I must look presentable so I don't scare away the fish. hahahah! A little angler humor...

6 comments:

Pat MacKenzie said...

Have fun fishing, or not. I can think of much more pleasant ways to spend the day. Enjoy your book!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I go fishing with Dave, too. Yes, I take a book...because you are not allowed to chat with the fish-person. It disturbes the fish. Like they can hear!

I know JUST what you mean about daughters being special. Ours was ALWAYS (and still is at 40) his 'girl'. There were times when he came home from work and I was totally 'not there' until bedtime. But that's fine. It's nice to have that special relationshhip with Dad. My father just loved her, too. Although he was very reserved about it.

It's only 64 here today and the winds blowing. No fishing here!

Holly said...

I'm telling you.....one night at Culvers and your fishing days are over. We are also going for anchovies today and I'm putting some hotdogs in the sun to get all grody and stinky. Brian and his daughter are fishing tomorrow. I have no plans, you know I hate that!

Anonymous said...

My husband tried fishing in New England 20 years ago. We used to tent and take a canoe with us so he decided to try fishing. We loaded up all the gear in the canoe and headed out. The fish looked up at us from the water and that's where they stayed -- safe and sound. Somehow one afternoon the line got tangled in something and all the gear ended up going overboard and into the "drink" never to be seen again. End of fishing story! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Have fun!! Use sunscreen!!!!

mCat said...

Just throw out and shut up - best line I have heard all day!

That's how fishing should be done. I lay on the blanket on the shore sleeping, while a pole holds my line in the water. Period

Blog Archive