Happy Good Riddance Day
It's all happening Wednesday in Times Square
Updated: Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 7:10 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 7:10 AM EST
Published : Wednesday, 28 Dec 2011, 7:10 AM EST
NEW YORK (CNN) - Say bye-bye to whatever it is that made you blue in 2011. Wednesday, Dec. 28 is Good Riddance Day.
Whether it's a bad memory, a parking ticket, or an old Valentine's Day card, it's time to say "good riddance!"
It's all happening Wednesday in Times Square. If you can't make it in person, don't worry. You can submit your worst memory from 2011 online .
Founders say the day is inspired by a Latin American tradition in which New Year's revelers put artifacts from the previous year into giant dolls and set them on fire.
Thought I'd just let you in on this. I have such a list--so long that I can't seem to get it under control:
1. negative thoughts
2. eating the wrong food and too much food
3. migraine headaches
4. anxiety/worry
5. depression
6. SIL
7. stupid people (which is kind of redundant with # 6)
8. Taxes
9. Medical and dental problems
10. Poor self image and poor self esteem
11. Wrinkles
I'll stop now; however, I'm really not finished. Is there some kind of group rate? Sheesh!
I keep thinking of more things even as I write. I don't make New Year's resolutions because I NEVER am able to keep them. It's a little like repentance--I have trouble doing that effectively too on little things like swearing, etc.
On that happy note, I'll close. Happy Good Riddance Day! Please don't get rid of my blog as part of your day. I'd tell you it will get happier next year but you know I can't guarantee that...
It's all happening Wednesday in Times Square. If you can't make it in person, don't worry. You can submit your worst memory from 2011 online .
Founders say the day is inspired by a Latin American tradition in which New Year's revelers put artifacts from the previous year into giant dolls and set them on fire.
Thought I'd just let you in on this. I have such a list--so long that I can't seem to get it under control:
1. negative thoughts
2. eating the wrong food and too much food
3. migraine headaches
4. anxiety/worry
5. depression
6. SIL
7. stupid people (which is kind of redundant with # 6)
8. Taxes
9. Medical and dental problems
10. Poor self image and poor self esteem
11. Wrinkles
I'll stop now; however, I'm really not finished. Is there some kind of group rate? Sheesh!
I keep thinking of more things even as I write. I don't make New Year's resolutions because I NEVER am able to keep them. It's a little like repentance--I have trouble doing that effectively too on little things like swearing, etc.
On that happy note, I'll close. Happy Good Riddance Day! Please don't get rid of my blog as part of your day. I'd tell you it will get happier next year but you know I can't guarantee that...

9 comments:
Firsttttttttt!!!!!!
It makes me happy to be first!
Cause I'm a little childish that way!
I cleaned out a closet yesterday and said "Good Riddance!" does that count?
You know, I think I want to be there in person! :)
There's not enough computer space for me to write down everything I would want in one of those giant dolls to set on fire just this past year. I may have to take a trip to Times Square tonight.
See ya. Bye.
I am with you on all but 6 and 11. No SIL and too few wrinkles to get overly worried about. Knock on wood.
If it involves starting something on fire.....I'm sorta all over that. I do love a good flame.
I'd never heard of that tradition before, have I lived in a cave?
What a GREAT idea. I love this as a NEW tradition. I would put LOSS of EMPLOYMENT down as my biggest issue, followed by HEALTH ISSUES. Take care.
Oh great! The days damn near over and I read this post... :(
Oh well, guess I'll have to keep all the baggage for another year...mwahaha! Oh, and I still plan on coming back to see what you're up to:)
Post a Comment