All the Christmas decorations, tree, wreathes--EVERYTHING--packed up and put away. I, for one, am ready for 2012.
All I have left to do is vacuum, shower, and I'm officially rid of the Christmas mess. I know, I'm a Grinch. I'm not one bit ashamed.
I felt so fat at church yesterday. My dress pulled at the buttons and my jacket was snug. I am determined to lose 5 lbs. I haven't had any sweets so far today. (Yes, it's only 11 a.m.) But we have to start with baby steps.
I will not be going back to stores today. Rick is going to Cabela's. I'm waiting in the car with my new favorite author--Sylvia Nobel. She's an Arizona author who was signing books at Barnes and Nobel last week. (Do you think she's related to the Nobel part? Nah, probably not...) Anyway she writes mysteries which she took from news headlines in AZ papers. The one I'm reading now is Deadly Sanctuary and it is written about Wickenburg, AZ, though she calls it Castle Rock in the book. But she told me it was based on a news story about Wickenburg. SheandIarejust likethis--close, you know! hahaha But I did talk to her while she signed my book. She even spelled my name correctly--Take that, J.A. Jance!
I'm starting to get a headache. Probably from detoxing from the holiday eating habits. Off I go to do something constructive. I'm so glad Christmas is over it's obscene.
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
December
(22)
- Let's Put an End To It!!
- Stinky
- Happy Good Riddance Day
- OK, OK, It's Tuesday...
- Not a Scrap or Tittle...
- That One's in the Can
- Here Comes Christmas!
- OK, OK, I Cooked!
- Dental Splendor
- Coyote in the City
- But No Pictures...
- WARNING: Graham Gone Bad!
- What The Heck?
- Help Me Understand--
- I've Lost My Funny!
- Fifteen Minutes of Angelic
- Oh, Lola!
- Lethargic List
- A Wrapper Fiasco and a Couple of Angel Shots
- Amazon Fail
- Snafus
- Gearing UP!
-
▼
December
(22)

14 comments:
I need to catch up to where you are. I love that author too, I haven't met her but I've read that book. Good stuff.
Oh my Jo......you always make me smile....no matter whether you are cranky LOL LOL or happy. Glad you found a new read. I'm always on the look out for good books.
the other Jo
You are certainly speedy in the putting away stuff! I, too, have a few pounds to shed ... guess that's why we have a New Year starting so we can make resolutions.
I usually have everything put away by the day after Christmas but for some reason I'm having a hard time letting this one go. It was just such a great Christmas, one of the very best I've ever had. I fed the whole family and didn't burn anything. Quite a miracle in itself. I plan on getting things back to normal this week and packing everything up. At least you only have 5 lbs to lose, I've been eating holiday sweets since August.
Christmas down already? You are an overacheiver.
I'll have to check out that author, I'm looking for some great books this year.
Have a restful week.
I usually wait until New Year's Day to put Christmas away but I almost did it today. Then I decided I was too lazy.
Didn't you just put all that up? mwahaha
You are like the roadrunner girl!! Ha Ha
We will still having Christmas around here for another week but I totally get it. On the years that all the kids are not home I like to get it all down early too!
I am ready for 2012 though - Bring it on - I'm making my lists!!
I put Christmas stuff away today, too. I'm so excited for the new year!
I'll have to check up on that author. I need some more new books!
I can't believe you got rid of Christmas, so soon. If you're happy, that's all that matters. We celebrate the TWELVE DAYS through to January 6th. The Arizona author sounds interesting. Congrats on the autographed copy. ENJOY reading. Take care.
OK Miss Overachiever, why don't you come on over to my house and work some of that magic?
I promise to make you a nice salad and hide all the chocolate :)
I can't believe you've done away with Christmas already. I was just debating whether or not I should take the tree down before our New Year's Eve party. It's only been up a few days and I love the color and brightness of the holiday decorations. Will you store your angle wings away for next year?
You can come de-Christmas-ify my house please :) That would be constructive :)
or productive whatever :)
Post a Comment