The cookie bar concoction turned out great with the Cheez Its and Bisquick. I think I'll make that substitution a regular from now on. It did add a touch of salty, and once it cooled it came out of the pan as easily as the graham crackers. I ate 2 bars just to make sure they were edible. I had to protect my peeps, you know. I managed to get back my appetite fairly quickly--dang it!
I cleaned the shower today. I know that's not note worthy but it is since I used a brew suggested on Pinterest. The post says to use 8 oz. of Dawn and 8 oz. of white vinegar. You bring the vinegar to a boil and then add it to the Dawn. (Let the vinegar cool a little or it melts the squirter bottle. I learned the hard way...oops!) I didn't use 8 oz. of Dawn. I used about four. I don't know why, but it seemed like a lot of detergent. Then I shook to mix. I sprayed the stuff on the shower walls, glass shower doors and floor. Allowed it to work for 5 or 10 minutes. Then wiped it off. I found that I prefered to rinse the cloth and go back over the surfaces again, but you wouldn't have to. It slicks up the soap scummy stuff and smells clean but isn't caustic.( I've been known to asphyxiate myself mixing bleach products before.) So my devotion to Pinterest has paid off again. It's so worth it for the hours I spend there. ;o)
The visiting teaching is done--check. The bathroom and kitchen are cleaned--check. And I bought a mondo supply of Diet Coke, cuties, and toilet paper from Sam's Club--check. My holiday preparation is so on the way to completion. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing this time of year? Check!
Monday, December 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
December
(22)
- Let's Put an End To It!!
- Stinky
- Happy Good Riddance Day
- OK, OK, It's Tuesday...
- Not a Scrap or Tittle...
- That One's in the Can
- Here Comes Christmas!
- OK, OK, I Cooked!
- Dental Splendor
- Coyote in the City
- But No Pictures...
- WARNING: Graham Gone Bad!
- What The Heck?
- Help Me Understand--
- I've Lost My Funny!
- Fifteen Minutes of Angelic
- Oh, Lola!
- Lethargic List
- A Wrapper Fiasco and a Couple of Angel Shots
- Amazon Fail
- Snafus
- Gearing UP!
-
▼
December
(22)
11 comments:
hmmm, I'll have to try that. Oh wait! My husband is the shower cleaner at my house!!! yes, I just had to brag a little hahaha
I am finding a ton of interesting things to try on Pinterest. I may try the shower cleaning concoction. Thankfully, Austin cleaned it for me yesterday. Just had to get that in there.
I think we are long lost relations of sorts. I have stocked up on Coke, bought a bunch of cuties, and refilled the TP coffers.
I've been curious about that particular concoction myself, so thanks for the review! Pinterest is awesome. The end.
I don't want my shower to be that clean because I probably wouldn't let Brian use it after that. I'd make him shower with the hose in the back yard. Merry Christmas!!
I'm going to have to try the shower mixture. I use Kaboom sometimes and about pass out from the smell!
Yayyy on getting your Visiting Teaching done.
Enjoy your Coke - I know I am :-D
I would let you come clean my bathroom next! :)
That's a nice tip about the shower cleaner. I bought some KA-BOOM last month. Ok, it works but I almost passed out. It's in the trash and I've been looking for something. Winner winner chicken dinner! Thanks Jo.
Im waiting for another below freezing day to try the bubbles that burst in the below-freezing day! I'll report back on taht little Pinterest find as well!
Hmmmm....maybe that's what I'll be doing Christmas Day. Only I'm going to go wild and use all of the 8 ounces. Did you know if you put some white vinegar in the dishwasher it takes away that pesky scummy feel on glasses? Vinegar. Lifes miracle. And baking soda.
Haha that's funny about the squirter bottle- oops! I'm really liking Pinterest too. Let me know where the coyote is and I'll take care of him for you.
Vinegar cleans everything and Mentholatum cures everything else:)
Post a Comment