I have no idea why I like the above saying, but it makes me smile. I include it in my post.
I will be performing a list for you today since I have no ability to compile sentences and paragraphs intelligently. Thank you for your reading.1. "Santa has elves. You have Target." (The wisdom of materialism and commercialism. I love it!) So true!
2. Gift wrapping was completed in about 4 1/2 hours. This from a woman who didn't buy one toy for the grand kids for Christmas. It was strictly clothes, books, and money. Yet it took hours. Either I'm slow or...no, I think it's just a slow thing. I tried tying bows with real ribbon for every package. What was I thinking?
3. I saw an article on the news where thieves are breaking in to museums and other such places and stealing rhino horns from some displays that are up to 108 years old. Rhino horn sells for more per gram (or some weight) than diamonds, gold, cocaine, or heroine. It was so sad to see those poor, old, stuffed, dusty rhinos with horns ripped asunder. I do not understand the human race.
4. Reading a book by James Lee Burke called Feast Day of Fools. It's a dark and harsh mystery about a serial killer preacher, illegal immigrants in Texas, and an aging law man. I really like Burke's writing style. It's somewhat depressing. I'm sure most of you don't like this kind of literature. It's a lot like No Country for Old Men. Just saying. I like weird books sometimes.
5. I'm writing Christmas cards, baking pumpkin bread, and finishing the above book today. Look at me go! I've gotten some cards from my bloggy friends. How fun! I love blogging. I do!
6. I planted paper whites for the first time. I'm enchanted by their progress and enthusiasm. To see those little green sprouts push up through soil in the dead of winter--so inspiring. Optimistic little suckers, aren't they!
7. Some cereals like Honey Nut Cheerios have up to 5 tsp. of sugar per serving. Yikes!
8. For some reason I've been desiring a VW bug. I used to have a black one named Bailey. She was a diesel and got 50 mpg. They are such cute, happy little cars. Too bad they have so many problems and aren't easy to maintain. (At least mine did. All kinds of electrical problems.) Tell me I don't really want one. I can't afford a different car right now. I love my Hyundai. Stop thinking of bugs, you silly woman.
9. I lost a follower. Dropped me right at Christmas time. It's OK. I can't tell who it was. I'm just thinking that's kinda harsh and cold during the holidays. I must admit I lack in the crafting tips, recipes, and wisdom departments, but really, people. It's Christmas... Sheesh!
10. I burned the gravy on Thanksgiving. (I know, I know...how do you burn gravy?) But I did anyway. Turned the bottom of my favorite pan solid, crusty black. I used a tip I found on Pinterest: Made a paste of hydrogen peroxide and soda. Rubbed it over the burned bottom. Scrubbed like a trooper. It all came off. Pan was saved. See, follower who dropped me--I have some really relevant stuff to share. And you missed it, whoeveryouare! So there!

10 comments:
I'm chuckling and I am STILL a 'follower'. So there!
Your week was WAY more exciting than mine, so I'm living through you today. Until I leave this afternoon for my trip...then it's bound to be more fun!
I like that your grandkids are not receiving toys from you, too. We opted out of that rut...he has everything. Yeah, us!
Love you
Jan
That used to bug me losing a follower but anymore? Doesn't bother me at all. All this following business is like Jr High and High School. I wasn't popular then and I'm not now so I'm kinda used to it.
You sure are a feisty happy Christmas preparer? I positively hate wrapping presents. So I just send the families oranges. Actually a little more than that for the kiddies but...
Hey. It's their fault not mine. They're the ones who prefer to live 3000 miles away from me.
Do you suppose that says something?
That used to bug me losing a follower but anymore? Doesn't bother me at all. All this following business is like Jr High and High School. I wasn't popular then and I'm not now so I'm kinda used to it.
You sure are a feisty happy Christmas preparer? I positively hate wrapping presents. So I just send the families oranges. Actually a little more than that for the kiddies but...
Hey. It's their fault not mine. They're the ones who prefer to live 3000 miles away from me.
Do you suppose that says something?
You're a riot! Where do you come up with this stuff? Can't imagine you ever get a moment's rest with all this in your brain!
I 100% agree with you that there is in fact a fine line between white trash and festive. So funny!
Also, I have a fresh box of honey nut Cheerios at my desk... one serving has 9g of sugar. I'm instantly depressed...
Thanks for the Pinterest tip! I don't want to tell you the number of times and things I have burned beyond recongnition onto my pans.
How do you know if you've lost a follower? I'm so NOT techie.
Uh, what's a paper white? I feel dumb asking.
I'm feeling very self righteous about NOT having white trash decorations.
(I don't have a stinkin' thing up yet!)
Sounds like you're on a roll. Reading and Wrapping. I appreciate the tip on how to scrape off the burnt crust on bottom of pan. From time to time I find myself in the same boat, not gravy though. I'm on Twitter as taryterre1. I only have a handful of followers there, but they come and go at the drop of a hat. I don't care. Used to hurt my feelings, but why let it?
I think I often cross that line into trashy. Therefore this year, there will be no festive decorations. Actually, I just don't have the mood to do it. Totally scrooging this one.
And the follower thing? They totally lost out on the pintrest tip. One of these days, I'm gonna actually use my pans to cook somethig and I am sure I will burn something so now, I know what to do
I was just getting ready to unfollow you when that last little tidbit of advice saved your Merry Little Butt. Ho Ho Ho!!!
Have you ever smelled paperwhites when they bloom?
I read a condensed book out of desperation, about Asian gangs, not to bad.
I also had a bug, and would love to have another one, red of course. But you're right, they don't have a good track record :(
I guess I must not pay much attention to followers, but I agree, at this time of year that was cold.
I didn't burn the gravy, but I can still feel it clogging my arteries!
Post a Comment