1. Have you noticed I start many of my posts--"OK, OK"? I know not why. It just comes out. Sorry for the repetitious, annoying oddities.
2. Above picture is of my (1) paper white blossom. Therefore, I have A paper white, not paper whites. It figures. They are so tall I had to tie them up. Something tells me they are not supposed to be this tall...
3. If I cook any thing else from the Pioneer Woman Cookbook I will resemble the Goodyear blimp. I MUST stop eating and to do that more easily, I must stop cooking. STOP!!!
4. Finished the Sylvia Nobel book. It's good, but if you're after serious mental stimulation and existential wisdom it's not the book for you. It was mindless entertainment. I enjoyed it. I'm not deep. I like unchallenging reads. I do!
5. I have books waiting on reserve at the library. It (the library) closed at 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve. I arrived at 1:03 p.m. My books have been languishing on the shelf all that time. I'm sure they're sad not to have spent the holidays with me. I do not remember exactly which ones I reserved. I'll let you know.
6. I cleaned the kitchen today. There was an inordinate amount of glitter all over the house. Dang Christmas splendor. It's so messy. Have I mentioned I'm glad it's over?
7. This will have to pass as a post. I know it's pathetic and lacks substance. I'm saving all the good stuff for 2012. Stay tuned!

9 comments:
Happy reading and good luck with the 5 lbs!! I'll see your five and raise you 2 AND I have my physical on the 29th!! Whhhhy?? did I schedule it for 4 days after Xmas?!
I am also DONE with Christmas, my eyeballs can't take anymore splendor haha start the take-down tomorrow!
take care, and Happy New Year!
Everytime I look in the mirror I seem to have glitter on my face...and it's not even on purpose. I still must be celebrating.
The paper white is beautiful. I love mindless reads. I don't read for mental stimulation. That is what work is for. Reading is for escape.
I must make time to visit the library. I am making a list of what Jo inadvertantly reminds me to do. First the dentist and now the library.
Love the paper white - I have blue thumbs not green.
Your Paper White is very pretty. Believe it or not I've NEVER seen one. Or if I've seen one, I did not know what it was called? I don't read to be mentally challenged. I READ because I want to escape the boredom and mediocrity that surround me. Hope you have some good books waiting at the library. ENJOY. Take care.
Well, I am waiting with bated breath for your new and exciting posts! Hey, just what IS bated breath?? Oh well..and yes, I have GOT to stop eating..it's the food you know...it's everywhere..everywhere...
Oh, and the freakishly tall paperwhite? At least you got yours to bloom...I'm just sayin'...
I'm not quite ready to take down the tree or stop listening to Christmas music yet. I didn't do a ton this year so it isn't overwhelming my mind.
Hope you get to those books soon. I'm pretty sure they are missing you.
I think this post had plenty of substance. I agree, sometimes I like mindless, entertaining reads. We don't ALWAYS want to learn! ;-)
I like your "Happy, shiny, brand-new" New Year poster on the side of your blog. Isn't the new year wonderful? I love the idea of starting fresh.
PW and I have been "likethis" for some time now and she won't allow me to stop using her cookbook. Pot roast on Saturday. Ham bone left over from Christmas and a big pot of beans on Sunday. She's driving me into a big ol fat grave.
Post a Comment