Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Wrapper Fiasco and a Couple of Angel Shots


I acknowledge my own limits. Sometimes I even exaggerate my inabilities. This time, however, I have to truly admit that wrapping Christmas gifts is not my forte. NOT!!

I don't buy Christmas paper at the end of the season and stash it away for the next year. I don't like the clutter. (or so I say) So each year I buy wrap full price and usually a different color or theme than the year before. As I did this year. Bought paper and tissue at Sam's Club--the big box size.

So this morning when I went around collecting my materials to begin the festive tradition, I found a plethora--an insane stash--of paper and gift bags in the garage. It's like I've been hoarding the dang stuff and didn't even remember. I, therefore, have my year's supply of Christmas paper for the next ten years. What a mess!

And while I was snapping a shot of the paper mess, I flicked a couple of angel decoration images. They're not fantastic, but here they are. Now, stop begging! ;o)



I'm off to make the season merry and bright! I will be a good wrapper...I will be a good wrapper! I will not set fire to the whole mess before I'm finished...

7 comments:

larainydays said...

Thanks for the dose of angels. They are lovely and your pictures are FINE! I wrapped myself into oblivion yesterday. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

You're a riot!

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE your tree and angels. Do not despair about all the wrapping and materials. As part of my job description, when I was but a child, starting out, I was a an official wrapper, however briefly. Scotch tape, paper, bows became my life. These days, I just plop any gift I give into a predecorated gift bag, throw some colorful tissue on top and say DONE.Life is too short for complications. Take care.

Holly said...

I'm not a fan of wrapping. I'm finished with my shopping so my wrapping day will be tomorrow. Probably brown paper sacks and red yarn. I'm a Simpleton. I think your angels are sweet. I decided to just put out about a quarter of the Christmas decorations that I usually put out and when I looked around, all I had out was snowmen. No Santas. No angels. Just snowmen. I guess I like snowmen, Who knew?

Vicki/Jake said...

Mwahaha..I'm with you on the wrapping! Kids always knew/know when something under the tree is from MOM... Take a deep breath, it'll be over soon:}

Heather said...

I've been M.I.A. due to being incredibly too busy but I am glad to be able to check back with you and see your house is looking festive and that you have plenty of wrapping paper (which we can all relate to). Enjoy the holiday. I have an ornament hanging in the center of my tree that says "Simplify the Season". I am completely failing at it, but maybe you could strive for it for the both of us? :) Hugs!

Liz said...

Definitely no fire. Step awaaaay from the matches, lady.

The angels are looking great. Keep going! And more pics, please! {Hee hee. I begged.}

Blog Archive