I could post about the Arizona Illegal Immigration ruckus. I tried to avoid it since I don't believe myself a "true" Arizonan (whatever). But I can't help it--I am an American, a legal one. And I'm sorry if MOST of the illegals are brown-skinned, of one nationality, but that's the way it is. Millions of people came to this country in a legal and proper manner. Millions of others sneaked across the borders without proper documentation. The latter take our jobs, use the facilities we taxpayers paid for, and often do not feel obliged to obey our laws because this isn't THEIR country.
Coming into the U.S. without proper documentation and due process has always been illegal. Arizona happens to border one of the main countries that floods our nation with illegals. We are the first line of defense. Why shouldn't Arizona enforce the law? If you are picked up for breaking any law, you should be able to provide identification, explain your actions, and accept the consequences. If you cannot do all three of those things, then you probably will draw suspicions that lead to investigation of whether you are here legally or not. Just let the police enforce the law that's been in effect for years. With all of the senseless murder, kidnapping, drug use, traffricking, and other major crimes being dumped on the state of Arizona, why wouldn't we want to keep out the perpetrators whatever race, ethnic background, or nationality?
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
April
(25)
- Don't Try to Figure Out a Pregnant Woman
- I Don't See It...
- I Can't Help Myself
- Hairs cut and Headache
- Good Package/ Good Sister-in-law
- You Know You're In Arizona If...
- We're Having Missionaries for Dinner
- Mail Call
- Winter Garden
- Dick and Jane in Arizona
- Rooster's Racing Quilt
- Bouncing Birthday Boys!
- Love You All
- I Post...
- Black Smoke
- Skecher Shape-Ups for Rickster
- Show-off Weather
- I Got an Award! Me?
- Newby is Male
- Will Beg for Conversation...
- Why Do I Worry?
- Big Boy Quilt I
- Happy Easter!
- Let Me Die, Please!
- U-N-C-L-E! I give up, Arizona!
-
▼
April
(25)
9 comments:
I totally agree with you. There are proper ways to do things and the people who don't obey the law should pay the consequences.
I came to Canada as a landed immigrant and I had to wait in refugee camp for almost two years with my family.
I so agree with all your points in this post!
AGREED! I think it's rediculous!
HI!!!!
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%
And it is time that they do something about it, our State Gov has asked and begged for help at the BORDER for years, and they do nothing, it is time to say GO HOME!!!!!They are a HUGE tax Burden on AZ!!!!!
thanks for saying it!!!!
hugs,
jamie
I cannot even believe this is an issue!
Illegal, means... not legal.
The mass majority of the kids I work with are from across the border, and they tell me about sneaking in !
Holy hell and good grief, what message is this sending?
I have watched these people shoplift at the very same store that has translated everything into spanish, including the announcements, the horrific Hellmart. And the store turns a blind eye!
The mentality with so many of them is this, if I want it, need it or can sell it...I will take it.
I also work with 2 lovely women from the Middle East, do you think they snuck across the damn border? Nope, they had to wait for their paperwork to be in order!
One of my all time favorites is the sense of entitlement, like we owe them something?
And now we have Mr. Liberality at our helm, and God forbid we hurt anyones feelings.
SORE SUBJECT!
Give 'em hell Harriet!
Hear hear! I completely agree, and you've phrased it perfectly.
We call Kylie "Roozie" because we often call her "Kylieroo." So sometimes we call her Roo, which leads to Roozie, Roozer, Roozabug, Roozalou, Roozabear...the possibilities are endless. I think she may end up with an identity crisis with all the names we give her. ;-)
Jo, I appreciate your comment on my blog! Also respect your opinion and realize I don't live in Arizona like you do. BUT, I still don't agree with the bill.
How can you ever really enforce it!
I don't want to have to start carrying my "National ID papers", which is the only true id plan if youre really going to start looking at papers.
WE have GOT ot CLOSE the BORDER before anything will work
BUT thank you for your comment!! I can see your point!
I agree with you. I live next to an apartment complex full of hispanics and I am sure several of them are not legal aliens. This does not me racist but realistic. I applaud those from any race who come into this county legally. Yet I have little respect illegal immigrants and those who support it. I agree with CathyCan in saying we have got to close our border.
100% AGREE. come here legally like my 1890-1900 ancstors did, unless you were the ones who were tossed on the boat to get outta dodge (England) in the 1700s...had a few of those ancestors too). I work with hundreds of technical folks who carry green cards and are on the way to becoming citizens and they are horrified by these demands by illegals. It is a huge problem that is costing this nation millions. I don't want to get on my soapbox about this, especially after living in Arizona and seeing first had the crime, the mess and the loss of tax payer resources. I'll just close with when I can enter any country and demand to be considered legal, work and own property in that country I will be more then happy to consider the requests of any illegal in this country. Sea Witch
Post a Comment