Yesterday Rick and I went to Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) to see his former boss Jonathan race and to visit with the rest of his family too. I'm ridiculously happy to see familiar faces, people who know us and hug us and like us though we're not perfect.
Jonathan finished fourth out of thirty-three cars that started. That was fantastic. We sat in the Allison section and had a pit pass courtesy of the 22 (Jonathan's) car. Watching him race was how Rick and I got started watching NASCAR which I never would have thought I'd like. But I love it. I enjoy the sounds, smells, and the panorama that is racing. Ate a big ol' bbqed polish sausage and drank oceans of Diet Coke. We had to pay for a bike cab to and from the car because Rick's leg was bothering him, but everything else was free. Loved it!
Plus one thing I absolutely adored yesterday was the weather. In Idaho right now it is 29 degrees and could snow at any given minute clear through May. Here it was 87 at the top temp yesterday and by race time it was in the high 70's and heavenly. We didn't need jackets, had shorts and flip flops and reveled in the splendour of Arizona in the spring. We might have bragged a little...
You know I'm not thrilled with Arizona itself, the people, and especially the driving laws and traffic in the state, but ya gotta love the weather. So I'll bide my time, try to get along and struggle to find a niche in AZ. I have no friends, no network, no posse, no frame of reference for anything I do, but...there IS the weather!
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
April
(25)
- Don't Try to Figure Out a Pregnant Woman
- I Don't See It...
- I Can't Help Myself
- Hairs cut and Headache
- Good Package/ Good Sister-in-law
- You Know You're In Arizona If...
- We're Having Missionaries for Dinner
- Mail Call
- Winter Garden
- Dick and Jane in Arizona
- Rooster's Racing Quilt
- Bouncing Birthday Boys!
- Love You All
- I Post...
- Black Smoke
- Skecher Shape-Ups for Rickster
- Show-off Weather
- I Got an Award! Me?
- Newby is Male
- Will Beg for Conversation...
- Why Do I Worry?
- Big Boy Quilt I
- Happy Easter!
- Let Me Die, Please!
- U-N-C-L-E! I give up, Arizona!
-
▼
April
(25)
6 comments:
Just rub it in. It was beyond cold here yesterday with wind gusts of 45 mph. So, I am super jealous of 87 degree weather. Oh, it must be nice. Sigh. :)
P.S. Congrats on your award Miss Sunshine!
Wow, you at a Polish hotdog???? I'm impressed! How I would love to be wearing shorts and flip flops right now!!!!!
I agree. I talk to my parents in Twin and the poor things are so cold! My mom's coming down on the 19th and I'll bet she'll never want to go home!
My daughter is going to NASCAR tomorrow and she's so excited. This will be her first time ever going.
I would imagine the weather right now is glorious, and it will be until May, then it's hot, hot, hot. My daughter goes to ASU and we've moved her 3 summers now. I truly just about died. Those summer months are grueling.
Well weather is a great place to start!! What do you like to do for fun?? Any hobbies?? You just need to find some peeps who love the same things you do! Hugs!
Oh, and I'm totally swiping your be happy picture. THANKS!! :D
I don't even know what the weather is like right now. meh
Post a Comment